OT: Hogwasher
2016-02-03 02:46:13 UTC
Tonight I am trying Hogwasher newsreader which I have a 30 day
free trial for.
"You've been so long/Well, it's been so long
And I've been putting out fire/with gasoline" (David Bowie)
David Dalton
2016-02-03 04:33:39 UTC
Tonight I am trying Hogwasher newsreader which I have a 30 day
free trial for.
It allows you to group a bunch of newsgroups into a Subscription and then
view all the posts in the Subscription in one window, and a crosspost to
more than one group in a Subscription will show up only once. So for
now I have set up four Subscriptions: Music, Science, Health, and
Religion/etc.
It also has good filtering capabilities, e.g. for killing (filtering out)
posters
that you don’t want to read. So far I like it better than Thunderbird and
Unison, though not better than MT-NewsWatcher or the Windows program
Forte Agent yet. Also I haven’t put high traffic groups such as
sci.physics, alt.atheism or alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic in any
of my Subscriptions yet.

There’s still no sign of any change in my mood or energy but I feel
fine so I guess I shouldn’t complain.
David Dalton
2016-03-07 02:43:08 UTC
Tonight I am trying Hogwasher newsreader which I have a 30 day
free trial for.
It allows you to group a bunch of newsgroups into a Subscription and then
view all the posts in the Subscription in one window, and a crosspost to
more than one group in a Subscription will show up only once. So for
now I have set up four Subscriptions: Music, Science, Health, and
Religion/etc.
It also has good filtering capabilities, e.g. for killing (filtering out)
posters
that you don’t want to read.
But Kill Author works only once and doesn’t persist to future
sessions so if you want to delete posts by an author in both
current and future sessions you have to use
New Rule By Author under the Message menu.

I paid for it last night.

I asked about the column width problem and they replied saying
it would be fixed in an upcoming release.

Last night I visited the Fidlers again but left at 4:15 a.m. and
limited myself to four 4% bottles of beer.