Raven's Blessings
2017-06-23 03:31:11 UTC
I am attempting again to get at least some of my four components
(a collection of new age onset workings) activated.

I prayed to ALL (the someone that is all/everything) to activate
what it is capable of activating of what it likes of the four
components material. I then divined by perineum click
divination (which hasn’t been reliable for me) that the
activation had begun.

If that is true, then leading up to new moon (dark of moon),
which is in slightly less than a day away, and at new moon and
in the days after new moon there should be some
positive global changes. However I have gone through
many fake activation sequences before and chances
are that this is another one. But in this case, unlike
most of the past cases, I also divined that I shouldn’t
try to track the progress of the workings.

Since I associate new moon with Raven, I also associate
these supposed new-moon-centred workings with Bill
Reid’s (Haida) Raven and the First Men sculpture in the
Museum of Anthropology at The University of British
Columbia, near where I did my naked sun stare, thorn
hill climb,and blue rose vision on Sept. 5/6, 1991.
Again I associate Raven with new moon and the
clamshell (that is under Raven in the sculpture and
from which people are emerging) with the waxing
crescent after new moon (though the other half
of the clamshell could be the waning crescent,
noting that my sun stare took place during late
waning crescent).

But while I can’t track the workings by divination, if there
is no significant positive global news within the next
week I (and you) will have to assume that this is yet
another fake activation sequence. And perhaps then
my Salmon of Wisdom will have to be my giving up on
these four components once and for all, and focusing
on my writing, beginning with an overhaul of my
Salmon on the Thorns web page, to effect change.
“If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes" (R.Stones)
David Dalton
2017-06-26 03:08:57 UTC
[...]
There is still no sign of it working, and I am skeptical at this point,
though I won't give up until druid new moon (six days after new moon).
David Dalton
2017-06-26 03:35:27 UTC
The Silver Bough thumb

Once in 1996 or 1997 I thumbed at random a book on Scottish folklore called
The Silver Bough Vol. 1 by F. Marian McNeill. It came out to a page with this
poem on it:

Ri faicinn domh na gealaich uir,
Is duth domh mo shuil a thogail.
Is duth domh ma ghlun a leagail,
Is duth domh mo cheann a bhogadh,

Toir cliu dhuit fein, a re nan iul,
Gum faca mi thu a rithist,
Gum faca mi a ghealach ur,
Ailleagan iuil na slighe.

Is iomadh neach a chaidh a null
Eadar uine an da ghealaich,
Ged tha mise a' mealtainn fuinn,
A re nan re 's nam beannachd!

which translates as:

When I see the new moon,
It becomes me to life mine eye,
It becomes me to bend my knee,
It becomes me to bow my head.

Giving thee praise, thou moon of guidance,
That I have seen thee again,
That I have seen the new moon,
The lovely leader of the way.

Many a one has passed beyond
In the time between the two moons,
Though I am still enjoying earth,
Thou moon of moons and of blessings!

Now in that I think new moon refers not to the modern new moon or dark of
moon but the early waxing crescent moon or first horn of moon. For a while I
thought that significant to me since I thought a new age would begin in early
waxing moon or I would be released from my low years in early waxing moon
(and that could still be true since I am not, June 2017, yet out of the low
years). Another interpretation is that it could be about having gone through
an intense waning crescent high and now being back to normalcy for early
waxing crescent. But really I just found it interesting and plan to research
its signifance and Scottish lunar traditions further in future and take the
thumbing as a sign I should do so. I would also like to know who the author
was and if the author was similar to me at all.