another lucky blessing
2016-10-06 04:41:04 UTC
I have previously written about my two video lottery blessings but will
repeat it again here. In the first case a musician friend of mine was playing
a video lottery machine and I cast at the machine my memory of the lucky
incident of Sarah McLachlan staring at me. He then won twice. In the second
case another musician friend was playing a video lottery machine and I cast
at the machine my memory of my blue rose vision and one second later he won a
large prize.

Tonight I was at Folk Night at The Ship Pub and as part of it they draw for
door prizes during the open mic set between the two headline sets. The final
prize was a pair of tickets to Fretboard Journey at the LSPU Hall on October
15. I was sitting at the bar with my friend Dianna, who is probably 20 years
older than I am but who attends live music regularly. I told her about the
prize and she said if she won she would take me and then I said if I won I
would take her. Then a while before the draw I cast my memory of the starry
night of Jan. 7, 1994 (when I was in a mild waning crescent high) at her
ticket. Then she won the draw.
“ `There must be some way out of here’ said the joker to the thief
`There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief' " (Bob Dylan)
Kaydon
2016-10-06 22:15:16 UTC
[...]
'Grats! Will you cast some good memories my way please? I'll report
back here if anything good happens me in the next 2 days.

"Anything good" we can define as "anything pleasently surprising, big
or small", for the purposes of this experiment.

Would you like to try it?
David Dalton
2016-10-07 23:48:14 UTC
Post by Kaydon
Post by David Dalton
[...]
I tried it last night. However note that so far it has only worked
up close and for friends, the first two of whom were musicians
and the third is a big music fan. Also in all three cases the
area of luck I tried to increase was quite specific, not general.
So I will be pleasantly surprised if anything good happens to
you in the two days starting last night.
Kaydon
2016-10-08 10:21:12 UTC
Post by Kaydon
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Cool. Something happened and it remains to be seen what the longer term
results are.

It involved an extremely volatile event which, although it brought some
desired internal changes, manifested physically in a not-very-nice way.
The event wouldn't appear lucky to outside observers.

I'm quite confident something good will come of it though, eventually :)
Mike Duffy
2016-10-09 01:09:08 UTC
Something happened [...] extremely volatile event which,
[...] event wouldn't appear lucky to outside observers.
Different people involved in the same event can see it differently. And
a single person can re-evaluate an event retroactively and come to a
different conclusion.

Thus, it is not surprising that someone who perceives an 'extremely
volatile' event 'from the outside' will suffer severe misperceptions.
Kaydon