LaBlueGirl
w***@gmail.com
2017-11-26 18:03:48 UTC
I was on here years ago, and also as LBG. I helped Frank Bogaerts infiltrate this group. At the time, approx. 2006, I didn't fully know what trolling was. Frank died of a heart attack on our bathroom floor, my son found his body in the morning. I wound up trying to stay in Belgium and had a daughter who still lives there. It sucks. I have another girl who lives with me and my son and my boyfriend about 50 miles away and in another parish. I lost Frank and my daughter and was causative in ruining this group. I'm deeply sorry. I'm almost 40 now. I miss you guys, all the OPs. I hope you are doing well.
Mike_Duffy
2017-11-27 04:55:18 UTC
I [...] was causative in ruining this group.
The apparent demise of this and many other Usenet groups is the
proliferation of other social media better adapted to binary attachments.
(i.e. posting photos, etc.)
I'm deeply sorry.
Then you should really feel free to continue posting here. I suspect that
most of the people you feel that you offended are probably no longer active
here anyways. And if they cannot accept an apology at face value, it is not
your problem.

I'm not sure that I even know myself why I continue to follow this group,
but it's always nice to see some traffic once in a while. Welcome back.
Corey White
2017-11-30 20:21:44 UTC
LaBlueGirl, it's been a really long time and I certainly don't hold anything against you. I still remember when Katrina hit, and you had to leave for Europe. I'm sorry about your daughter too. It would be nice if you decided to stick around here. :)
Bassos
2017-12-19 16:01:21 UTC
On 30-11-2017 21:21, Corey White wrote:

Corey White ?

For realz ?

Seems hard to accept.
Post by Corey White
LaBlueGirl, it's been a really long time and I certainly don't hold anything against you.
Quite a long time

Still not convinced.
Katrina and the waves ya know.
LittleEndian65
2017-12-26 23:00:43 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
I lost Frank and my daughter and was causative in ruining this group.
You give yourself too much credit.

In my opinion, the decline of this group -- and Usenet as a whole -- is
primarily due to a lack of new users. If no one is sparking debate, a
forum is bound to slowly dry up, whether it be moderated or not.

When Usenet was the only game in town, it got plenty of fresh faces. But
when places like reddit appeared, the majority of users went there. And
now all that remains of Usenet is the mentally ill and a few that fondly
remember previous times here.
Post by w***@gmail.com
I'm deeply sorry.
Anyone that is attached to this group such that they feel that someone
else ruined it has entirely missed the point of the substantive
conversations that did occur here.

It was beautiful to watch the birth of the internet, just as it's a
pleasure to watch the birth of cryptocurrencies. Who knows, maybe other
distributed systems will also take off. But anyone who thinks that these
things are going to somehow irreversibly empower the masses has
forgotten that the few rule the many. They always have and they always will.