Did this ng just die?
The Natural Philosopher
2016-03-29 11:43:51 UTC
Just asking?
Mike Duffy
2016-03-29 16:07:15 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
The Natural Philosopher
2016-03-29 16:31:03 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
All it takes is talk..

Haven't been here for years...
--
“it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Bassos
2016-03-31 20:36:53 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
All it takes is talk..
Haven't been here for years...
What sort of miracle is it that some 'Joe' would suddenly appear in
alt.magick ?

Must be witchcraft!!

Did you feel some sympathetic pull towards this 'place' ?

If so:

Where and when did you feel what exactly in what place under waht mental
situation and mostly where in y'r body ?
(i seem to recall you not mindning typoss atal)
The Natural Philosopher
2016-03-31 21:50:30 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
All it takes is talk..
Haven't been here for years...
What sort of miracle is it that some 'Joe' would suddenly appear in
alt.magick ?
Must be witchcraft!!
Did you feel some sympathetic pull towards this 'place' ?
Where and when did you feel what exactly in what place under waht mental
situation and mostly where in y'r body ?
(i seem to recall you not mindning typoss atal)
Oh FFS. Actually something I was doing that was related to nothing to do
with Magick, remninded me of a conversation I had years ago with someone
in thus NG, and the last post she made was about 4+ years ago, as far as
Google seemed to say, so to see what was going in, I joined the NG again.
look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Bassos
2016-03-31 22:09:39 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
All it takes is talk..
Haven't been here for years...
What sort of miracle is it that some 'Joe' would suddenly appear in
alt.magick ?
Must be witchcraft!!
Did you feel some sympathetic pull towards this 'place' ?
Where and when did you feel what exactly in what place under waht mental
situation and mostly where in y'r body ?
(i seem to recall you not mindning typoss atal)
Oh FFS.
I thank you sir, may i have another union sir ?
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Actually something I was doing that was related to nothing to do
with Magick,
Obvious troll is obvious.

Every act is a magical act.

The amount of WIN is the measure of effectivenessi, not so much the
magical part of the effects of the magical acts.
Post by The Natural Philosopher
remninded me of a conversation I had years ago with someone
in thus NG,
Thus NG;
Thous Shalt Not Post Fucking poetry, erm, wait, thou only shalt fucking
post poetry; dammit; if thou even finds any needz to fucking post
poetry; make sure IT is about Union; like yoga.
Post by The Natural Philosopher
and the last post she made was about 4+ years ago, as far as
Google seemed to say, so to see what was going in, I joined the NG again.
AS 'just duh IT' goes;

Wazzup ?
Mike Duffy
2016-03-31 23:30:22 UTC
Post by Bassos
Thous Shalt Not Post Fucking poetry, erm, wait, thou only shalt fucking
post poetry; dammit; if thou even finds any needz to fucking post
poetry; make sure IT is about Union; like yoga.
Dear Bassos who says he is royal,
Why take offense to my toil?
If you are averse,
To seeing my verse,
Ignore it, my fun not to spoil.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Monkey Mind
2016-04-01 18:51:50 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
All it takes is talk..
Haven't been here for years...
Me neither. Funny timing, I checked in here a couple of days ago.

So, what have you been up to?

Cheers,
Florian
Little Me
2016-09-02 00:27:05 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
It's been in intensive / palliative care for quite some time now. I'm
waiting for a miracle of sorts.
What kind of miracle?
Little Me
Mike Duffy
2016-09-02 02:19:35 UTC
Post by Little Me
What kind of miracle?
A divine intervention perhaps. Or, if you don't believe in that stuff,
just some new participants in a tiny corner of the Internet that is
becoming more moribund in a seemingly irreversable manner. Or even just
the regular return of some former contributors.

I don't remember seeing you here before. Welcome. Are you seriously
interested in magick? If so, I'm probably not a good person to talk to.
I firmly believe that that there are more things I don't know than I can
possibly ever learn about it. I do believe that there is 'something' to
it, but I can never seem to articulate it without falling from
metaphysics back to physics.
Little Me
2016-09-02 08:09:12 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Little Me
What kind of miracle?
A divine intervention perhaps. Or, if you don't believe in that stuff,
just some new participants in a tiny corner of the Internet that is
becoming more moribund in a seemingly irreversable manner. Or even just
the regular return of some former contributors.
Perhaps not all of them.
Post by Mike Duffy
I don't remember seeing you here before. Welcome. Are you seriously
interested in magick? If so, I'm probably not a good person to talk to.
I firmly believe that that there are more things I don't know than I can
possibly ever learn about it. I do believe that there is 'something' to
it, but I can never seem to articulate it without falling from
metaphysics back to physics.
Is 'magick' different to 'magic'?

Seems like a made up word and like most made up words, nonsense by definition.
Little Me
Mike Duffy
2016-09-02 14:19:06 UTC
Post by Little Me
Is 'magick' different to 'magic'?
People here employ 'magick' to disambiguate usage from other meanings of
'magic'.

'Magic' can be one of:

1) Stage / performance magic - Use of deception or clever technology to
perform acts of entertainment that are inexplicable to those ignorant of
the methodology. Essentially, it is someone pretending to have
supernormal powers.

2) Inspired awe. When we say 'magic of love', or the 'magic of
Christmas', we are using this meaning.

'Magick' here usually means a discipline arrived at that allows one to
use mental will to affect a desire. It is seen by the mainstream either
as evil (black magick) or as a specious delusion (woo-woo), depending on
belief.

There are lots of things currently unexplainable by science. Even modern
scientific theories can sometimes only describe something, but not
clearly explain it. (i.e. quantum entanglement.)
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Little Me
2016-09-02 14:22:43 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by Little Me
[...]
So would hypnotism be considered magick as it bends someone else's will
to the caster's will?
Little Me
Mike Duffy
2016-09-02 22:45:24 UTC
Post by Little Me
So would hypnotism be considered magick as it bends someone else's will
to the caster's will?
That is an excellent example. I understand, though, that hypnotism is
much more difficult if it goes against the wishes of the 'subject'.

(I don't like using that word, because 'hypnotize' is a transitive verb,
the one doing the hypnosis is grammatically the subject and the one
being hypnotised is the object.)

Hypnosis is very effective, to help someome quick smoking because part
of him wants to do so. In a stage act, the subject has no qualms about
(for example) barking like a dog, because that's what everyone expects,
and no harm is suffered.

But it can be done to make people do what they know is wrong. Hitler was
an excellent hypnotist.

Magick also encompasses various types of divination. Of course, doubters
such as myself will simply posit that these people has developed avenues
of communication between their conscious perception and autonomous
mental processes.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Bassos
2016-03-31 20:23:34 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Just asking?
That would be awkward, seeing how we have been beating dead horses all
around;

oops ...