Reality Hack #1 : Imagination is the Key
undsalsufy
2009-01-31 14:56:00 UTC
There has been some discussion here about getting tangible real-world
results from magickal methods. I thought it would be an exciting
experiment to try the different techniques that each of us use and
maybe we can also learn something from each other.

To get the discussion going, here follows a simple hack that even a
beginner should be able to use to get physical world results. I'd love
to hear about the techniques that you use and discuss why certain
techniques work better than others.

When testing new ideas for hacking reality, it is important to go for
something unlikely that elicits no emotional response.

Many years ago I read a book by Richard Bach in which he meets a
messiah who teaches him about hacking reality.

Over breakfast one morning the messiah gets Richard to imagine a blue
feather in vivid detail, holding the image in his mind's eye while he
fills it with more and more detail before letting the image go.

A few minutes later Richard sees the blue feather on the milk carton
(the logo of Blue Feather Dairies) as he adds milk to his coffee.

It is a good story and since having a blue feather pop into one's
world is both a fairly improbably event and a feather is not something
one easily feels an attachment for, I sometimes use a feather to
determine whether the magickal principle I am investigating is viable
as a reality hack.

So here follows a simple reality hack that is fun to manifest and
quite easy to achieve results with. If you gather enough prana to
charge the image, you can experience blue feathers popping up all over
the place for two or three days in everything from advertising to
actual feathers. The manifestation usually takes me between 12 hours
and 24 hours, but give yourself up to three days if you are new to
magick.

Method:

1. Clear the workspace and open the astral temple.
2. Raise energy and collect it in Yesod.
3. Start to visualise the blue feather and add detail while continuing
to raise energy.
4. When you have a vivid and detailed image, transfer the energy up
the spine and into the image.
5. Let the image go.
6. Immediately forget about the magick and do something mundane.

There are many ways to raise energy. One of my favorites is to use
rhythmic breathing. Breathe the prana in through the nose, around the
top of the head and down the spine.

The method I have found to be most powerful for charging is to employ
a member of the opposite sex who is able to consciously work on the
astral plane to draw in energy through tantra. Charging Yesod by
collecting and combining the masculine and feminine energies in this
way produces much power and striking results.
Alrah
2009-01-31 15:50:59 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
The varieties and colourations of plumage of thee - the modern day
magician - rely too much on the sexual shortcut whilst there is little
to no recognition that the method lacks full implmentation unless
already pracised with full autonomy and authority to one-self in
synthesis. To be blunt - if you can't to it for yourself without
external focus then you're missing the crux of that type of work.
undsalsufy
2009-01-31 18:11:36 UTC
synthesis.  To be blunt - if you can't to it for yourself without
external focus then you're missing the crux of that type of work.
The focus is of course, internal. I am not sure why you thought
otherwise. Could you be confusing Thaumaturgy with Theurgy?
undsalsufy
2009-01-31 18:20:23 UTC
synthesis.  To be blunt - if you can't to it for yourself without
external focus then you're missing the crux of that type of work.
I did not suggest that one cannot do it oneself, did you read anything
but the last paragraph?

And I wonder: could you be confusing Thaumaturgy and Theurgy?
Tom
2009-01-31 22:11:47 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Post by Alrah
To be blunt - if you can't to it for yourself without
external focus then you're missing the crux of that type of work.
I did not suggest that one cannot do it oneself,
*One* might. but you have admitted that *you* can't.
2009-01-31 17:14:53 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
So here follows a simple reality hack that is fun to manifest and
quite easy to achieve results with. If you gather enough prana to
charge the image, you can experience blue feathers popping up all over
the place for two or three days in everything from advertising to
actual feathers. The manifestation usually takes me between 12 hours
and 24 hours, but give yourself up to three days if you are new to
magick.
From "Repo Man", 1984:

Miller: A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They
view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't
realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on
top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose
you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say,
like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no
explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a
cosmic unconciousness.
Otto: You eat a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?

The ol' "coincidence generator" is a popular effect cited by both
chemically induced and naturally crazy psychonauts. What actually
happens is that you tune your attention to alert on some certain
pattern, be it a plate of shrimp, a blue feather, or the number 23.
Once you focus on recognizing that pattern, you find that it occurs in
all sorts of variations in places you never noticed it before. Robert
Anton Wilson went on at length about this in "Cosmic Trigger" and
blamed it on some mysterious "Cosmic Coincidence Control Center". In
fact, nothing has really changed except the things you pay attention
to. You haven't actually created any feathers, plates of shrimps, or
whatever your target is. You just notice them more.

Now, this phenomenon of consciousness has probably been around for a
long time, aiding hunters and gatherers to more efficiently find
food. Encountering it seems kind of weird when you normally go around
not bothering to notice anything, like a lot of civilized people do.

As we have seen in every instance of this guy's claims to "hack
reality", what he's actually doing is changing the way he's attending
to reality, but not the way reality is. It's just a map-and-territory
confusion. He believes the map actually creates the territory,
instead of only representing it.
undsalsufy
2009-01-31 18:18:03 UTC
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
Why don't you try it out and tell us what the results are instead of
dismissing it out of hand?
Ludwig Prinn
2009-01-31 18:29:38 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
Have you done a blind with this experiment, to see if maybe you're
just *noticing* more blue feathers? Have you tried maybe taking two
people, one of which doing the "hack" you described, and one not? Then
you could see if there actually *are* more blue feathers around that
day, or if you're just noticing them more.
565
2009-02-06 08:25:56 UTC
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
Thanks for the quote, I've not seen that one, must look it up.
Post by Tom
The ol' "coincidence generator" is a popular effect cited by both
chemically induced and naturally crazy psychonauts. What actually
happens is that you tune your attention to alert on some certain
pattern, be it a plate of shrimp, a blue feather, or the number 23.
Once you focus on recognizing that pattern, you find that it occurs in
all sorts of variations in places you never noticed it before. Robert
Anton Wilson went on at length about this in "Cosmic Trigger" and
blamed it on some mysterious "Cosmic Coincidence Control Center". In
fact, nothing has really changed except the things you pay attention
to. You haven't actually created any feathers, plates of shrimps, or
whatever your target is. You just notice them more.
That's one explanation. You certainly notice them a LOT more when you
are "HGAfied" as DuQuette (I think) puts it.
Tom
2009-02-06 16:15:17 UTC
Post by 565
Post by Tom
The ol' "coincidence generator" is a popular effect cited by both
chemically induced and naturally crazy psychonauts.  What actually
happens is that you tune your attention to alert on some certain
pattern, be it a plate of shrimp, a blue feather, or the number 23.
Once you focus on recognizing that pattern, you find that it occurs in
all sorts of variations in places you never noticed it before. Robert
Anton Wilson went on at length about this in "Cosmic Trigger" and
blamed it on some mysterious "Cosmic Coincidence Control Center".  In
fact, nothing has really changed except the things you pay attention
to.  You haven't actually created any feathers, plates of shrimps, or
whatever your target is.  You just notice them more.
That's one explanation.
It has the added attraction of best confoming to Occam's Razor. It
makes fewer unsupportable assumptions than other explanations.
Post by 565
You certainly notice them a LOT more when you
are "HGAfied" as DuQuette (I think) puts it.
DuQuette is often referenced by people in this newsgroup, but I don't
think we've ever closely examined any of his work here. A chapter by
chapter review and discussion of "My Life With the Spirits" would make
an interesting thread. I don't have a copy handy, but if someone else
does, I hope they feel inclined to lead the discussion by reviewing
it.
565
2009-02-07 02:38:16 UTC
Post by Tom
DuQuette is often referenced by people in this newsgroup, but I don't
think we've ever closely examined any of his work here. A chapter by
chapter review and discussion of "My Life With the Spirits" would make
an interesting thread. I don't have a copy handy, but if someone else
does, I hope they feel inclined to lead the discussion by reviewing
it.
I'm glad you said this as there seems to be a tendency these days just
to accept anything any wierd occultist who has had a boook published as
"GOD". Or more or less.
c***@newsguy.com
Isn't that an autobiography?
I am the cube
2009-02-06 16:01:56 UTC
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
There is a fine line Tom!  Robert Anton Wilson
heard a friend tell him, he knows how he does
the "whole 23 thang".  he sets up a neurologic
grid in the brain of the audience, by repetitions
of the pattern in his writing, interviews, etcetra.
Robert told him "Congratulations, you've found
the master who turns the grass green."   Then
further explained it is true that's an explanation
but, the 23 is a neurological trick, maybe that's
not all it is however, just because an explained
theory makes sense doesn't make it all sense.
Personally, the number 23 occured before RAW
consciousness lol, I had 23 consciousness in a
way that was making me nuts then I searched it
and found a number of others having the same in
the internet then I found RAW at the centre of it.
Similarly I had the blue light vision and when I'd
done a search online I found many peoples had.
Yoga especially explains that one, not as neuro-
logical grid tricks but as the externalized image
of a higher quality of the soul, but I don't know. ;)
I do notice a lot of yoga involved people get the
blue light, probably similarly through setting up
the brain to expect it and begin the blue dot trip
I am the cube
2009-02-06 16:04:41 UTC
Post by I am the cube
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
It is half the explanation on the whole
and all the explanation for the half wit.
Not Tom.. the half wit, the hypnotized. :)

You can let it happen not too stupidly.
Skeptics tend to block these kinds of
tricks, but some ppl aren't threatened.
I am the cube

565
2009-02-07 22:26:28 UTC
Post by I am the cube
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
I've had the 23 thing happen a lot in the past, and then started it with
other numbers. Talking of 23, a friend was in my home the other day with
a scrap large piece of mains electric cable he was stripping to get the
scrap money for it (my block is having the whole electrical wiring
replaced). It was a really thick cable and after he took the plastic off
it was a twisted copper cable made up of 23 smaller twisted threads.
undsalsufy
2009-02-08 15:21:47 UTC
Post by 565
Post by Tom
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
What a fantastic mind fuck! Yeah, my number comes up often too. Enjoy
it! :)
d***@gmail.com
2017-05-11 04:17:59 UTC
I see what you mean and yes some of it is verry true, but i have had phenomina that
Do not fit in to this catagory. I think of an episode of lets say simpsons next minute that episode of simpsons
Comes on. I think of somthing that i have never thought about next thing my whole family is decussing and talking about it.
They have never spoken about the subject at all before not until i thought bout it. My mum went to get groceries and i was at home.
I new somthing hppend and new it was a car crash. I call her and it terns out i was right. Their was no reason or possibility
That i would have none that, she takes a long time to go shopping so their was really no change in time. These phenomina you speak about are similar but have nothing to do with expanding your a tension to somthing. I would lick to know your thoughts on the matter.
Ludwig Prinn
2009-01-31 17:18:30 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
The method I have found to be most powerful for charging is to employ
a member of the opposite sex who is able to consciously work on the
astral plane to draw in energy through tantra.
Okay, first of all, stop calling that "tantra". You have no idea what
the term means, and no idea that it can apply to a WIDE variety of
practices, most of which don't involve sex at all. With all due
respect, you stupid, pedantic, dilletante sheeple who buy into every
retarded newage phenomenon that Raving Stupidwolf barfs out just plain
make me sick to my ass! You people need to stop profaning the noble
traditions of the world and go back to jerking off in your mother's
stockings. Seriously, that's an honest recommendation. Next time you
open your mouth, just give it a miss.

"Since at least the time of Agehananda Bharati, most Western scholars
have been severely critical of these new forms of pop Tantra. This
"California Tantra" as Georg Feuerstein calls it, is "based on a
profound misunderstanding of the Tantric path. Their main error is to
confuse Tantric bliss ... with ordinary orgasmic pleasure." - Hugh
Urban

There are some great web pages out there on Tantra, if you're too lazy
to read or actually talk to a practitioner. You practice what is
called "neotantra", and a real tantra guru would probably laugh at
your dumb ass until he shit himself.
undsalsufy
2009-01-31 18:07:55 UTC
Post by Ludwig Prinn
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
I'd like to hear more. I haven't been very specific because this is
intended to be an easy hack for everyone to try out and see some
results. Nevertheless, I accept your critcism as valid but I feel
there is a balance to be struck with getting the message across and
writing a long, involved message with much detail which would bore
most people.
Ludwig Prinn
2009-01-31 18:27:54 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Post by Ludwig Prinn
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
Seriously dude, you need to do some research on Tantra. It's soooo
much more than just "waving your magic wand". Hell, even if you just
looked it up in Wikipedia and followed the references, you'd be a
hundred times better off. Tantra isn't about sex. It really isn't.
Presuming Tantra is about sex is like presuming that driving is about
Route 66.
Tom
As well you should.
565
2009-02-06 08:21:22 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
There has been some discussion here about getting tangible real-world
results from magickal methods. I thought it would be an exciting
experiment to try the different techniques that each of us use and
maybe we can also learn something from each other.
To get the discussion going, here follows a simple hack that even a
beginner should be able to use to get physical world results. I'd love
to hear about the techniques that you use and discuss why certain
techniques work better than others.
When testing new ideas for hacking reality, it is important to go for
something unlikely that elicits no emotional response.
Many years ago I read a book by Richard Bach in which he meets a
messiah who teaches him about hacking reality.
It's a good book in various ways. But remember the last sentence in the
Messiah's handbook.
Post by undsalsufy
Over breakfast one morning the messiah gets Richard to imagine a blue
feather in vivid detail, holding the image in his mind's eye while he
fills it with more and more detail before letting the image go.
A few minutes later Richard sees the blue feather on the milk carton
(the logo of Blue Feather Dairies) as he adds milk to his coffee.
I did a similar experiment on here a while back with a number. I asked
for someone to pick a random number and I would concentrate on it and
see how often it shows up in the news and etc. 79 was chosen, the
following day was Palm Sunday and a news article also said that the Pope
was 79 that day. There were other results, but that's the quickest
manifestation of that particular experiment IIRC.
Post by undsalsufy
[...]
This sounds like an exercise from a book called "Creative Visualization"
by Shakti Gawain, have you read it?

"The Celestine Prophecy" book talks about similar stuff to manifest
synchronicities similar to Jung's theory on it.
undsalsufy
2009-02-06 19:10:03 UTC
Post by 565
This sounds like an exercise from a book called "Creative Visualization"
by Shakti Gawain, have you read it?
"The Celestine Prophecy" book talks about similar stuff to manifest
synchronicities similar to Jung's theory on it.
Hi 565, I haven't read it but it definitely sounds like a good read!
Thanks for the reply.
565
2009-02-07 02:54:42 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Post by 565
This sounds like an exercise from a book called "Creative Visualization"
by Shakti Gawain, have you read it?
"The Celestine Prophecy" book talks about similar stuff to manifest
synchronicities similar to Jung's theory on it.
Hi 565, I haven't read it but it definitely sounds like a good read!
Thanks for the reply.
Well, if you decide to read them then my personal suggestion is to read
the very first first book in the series and totally ignore anything that
came after that first book.

Shakti book is the first Magic type book I ever read, long story.
undsalsufy
2009-02-07 14:28:25 UTC
Post by 565
Shakti book is the first Magic type book I ever read, long story.
Visualisation is the foundation of magick, so it must have been a good
introduction.
Tom
2009-02-08 01:44:37 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Visualisation is the foundation of magick,
The term "Yesod" means "Foundation". This is highly significant when
one examines the magick you do. Are you at all familiar with kabbalah
or haven't you got that far in your studies yet?
565
Perhaps he knew what words he was using.
Tom
That's why I asked.
undsalsufy
2009-02-08 15:20:11 UTC
Post by undsalsufy
Visualisation is the foundation of magick,
The term "Yesod" means "Foundation".  This is highly significant when
one examines the magick you do.  Are you at all familiar with kabbalah
or haven't you got that far in your studies yet?
Are you stupid, or what?