Working outside an order
Rob Hill
2016-03-16 13:14:32 UTC
Greetings all
I'm new to posting here, but a long time lurker.
I've been working my path, from psychedelics and Castaneda, through Chaos & Spare, through Vipassana and my creative practice for a long time and it has become clear that sorcery is limited, unsatisfactory and costly (at least for me, at least so far) and that I am drawn to processes leading to KCHGA.
Also I have increasingly felt the need for more structure in my practice. With these aims in mind I contacted some orders you will all almost certainly be familiar with. In the time since my first initiation (that is to say, first one given by an order) I have come to many of the same conclusions I see regularly represented here - for example that orders have their own agendas, that often secrecy breeds corruption, that there are really very few if any secrets left and the really at best the would seem to be pyramid schemes, at worst cults.
I still assume that there are serious orders out there, certainly I'm interested in the IOT and probably many I haven't heard of, but I presume they're mostly working in silence and will come to those who are worthy.
Anyway. I still would like to work through some of the GD stuff in a group on my way to wherever I'm going, so I wondered if anyone was aware of a GD study group not caught up in flame wars, not mired in scandal, but maybe just quietly getting on with the work?
Go ahead and flame off, I'm made of fire anyway xxx
Mike Duffy
2016-03-16 15:04:53 UTC
Greetings all. I'm new to posting here, but a long time lurker.
I've been working my path, from psychedelics and Castaneda
Welcome. What does GD stand for? I'm probably not as serious as you are.
I've done phychedelics, and read Castaneda. Also, I've noticed weird things
happen sometimes. Up until now though, I have never seen anything that
cannot be explained as a bizarre co-incidence. I guess I'm waiting for
something to happen that cannot be thus discounted.
Also I have increasingly felt the need for more structure in my practice.
Sure. Human consciousness is a recursive self-structuring structure, so
that will always end up happening.

There do seem to be hidden grains of truth out there. For example, I've
read the Jane Roberts "Seth" series as well as the entire Casteneda series.
Their other-worldviews could not be further disparate, yet I see elements
in both sets of books that perk me into minor revelations. (Oh, yeah, sure,
that makes sense..) This suggests to me that there are some unknown things
out there, self-consistent in ways difficult to understand (or perhaps even
impossible to completely understand), but which can be projected into the
'space' of human comprehension. Different understandings of the unknown are
self-consistent, yet inconsistent with other ways of understanding.

As as analogy, when a 3D object is projected into 2D, the mathematical
operations always result in a lowering of the entropy you can calculate on
the dataset of the representation. (Unless it is a hologram created at a
sufficient resolution, but I digress.) Each different 2D projection
contains artifacts, but if the projection origins & elements are
sufficiently elongated and orthogonal, the artifacts are uncorrelated with
those contained in other 2D projections, despite the fact that each one is
completely defined by the original 3D object.
Anyway. I still would like to work through
What I would suggest is actually a series of science fiction books, the
'Laundry' series written by Charles Stross. They are labelled fiction, and
I enjoy them because they play into my physics and computer science
background. But quite honestly, they are scary just because I don't see
where it is not possible that an entity from another universe has taken up
residence in the mind of the author in order to use the science fiction
stories as a vehicle to explain to us how the universe operates, especially
those cases of paranormal and supernatural manifestations. And because of
the recursive nature of consciousness I mentioned above, those things are
all the subjects of these stories.

Maybe I say this because the analytical part of my personality 'insists'
that a plausible explanation based on science at least be presented, even
if it is impossible to prove or even show that more scientific
investigation is warranted.

You on the other hand probably already 'believe' that there are things
science cannot explain, and thus do not need an explanation, not even an
unverifiable one. In that case, you might the books entertaining anyway.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Monkey Mind
2016-03-16 20:07:03 UTC
Post by Rob Hill
Greetings all
I'm new to posting here, but a long time lurker.
Hi there. I've been away for a few years.
Post by Rob Hill
I've been working my path, from psychedelics and Castaneda, through
Chaos & Spare, through Vipassana and my creative practice for a long
time and it has become clear that sorcery is limited, unsatisfactory
and costly (at least for me, at least so far) and that I am drawn to
processes leading to KCHGA.
In my opinion, Vipassana is a process leading to KCHGA.
Post by Rob Hill
[...]
"The Baptist's Head" website used to have what you seem to be looking
for. Sadly, it is offline now, but the contents of the site are
available in book form; look for "The Blood of the Saints", "The Urn",
and "A Desert of Roses". Not a study group, but useful stuff.

Cheers,
Florian
Bassos
2016-03-19 15:19:24 UTC
Post by Rob Hill
Greetings all
Hey hp Silver!
Post by Rob Hill
I'm new to posting here, but a long time lurker.
That seems like a lie.

How could you be a long time lurker and post as you do ?
Post by Rob Hill
I've been working my path,
Heh.

Your path; eh ?
Post by Rob Hill
from psychedelics and Castaneda, through Chaos & Spare,
So nothing specific then.
Post by Rob Hill
through Vipassana
Wait, wot ?

https://af.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipassana

You already know ?

TROLL!!
Post by Rob Hill
and my creative practice for a long time and it has become clear that sorcery is limited,
You claim sorcery is limited ?

How would you know ?

Have you done sorcerous acts on people ?

Are you in fact a grubby sorceror ?
Post by Rob Hill
unsatisfactory and costly (at least for me, at least so far)
What did you do, and what did that cost ?
Post by Rob Hill
and that I am drawn to processes leading to KCHGA.
While sorcery ?

Nah dude.

Different path.
Post by Rob Hill
Also I have increasingly felt the need for more structure in my practice.
Liar.
Post by Rob Hill
In the time since my first initiation (that is to say, first one given by an order)
Which order initiated you ?
Post by Rob Hill
I have come to many of the same conclusions I see regularly represented here
Well, ya see, that is just wrong.

You do not see, and there are no regular conclusions.
Post by Rob Hill
for example that orders have their own agendas,
Akin to yours.
Post by Rob Hill
that often secrecy breeds corruption,
What does corruption itself breed ?
Post by Rob Hill
that there are really very few if any secrets left
Are there any secrets at all ?
(left alone right)
Post by Rob Hill
and the really at best the would seem to be pyramid schemes, at worst cults.
Rewrite needed.

Dude ...
Post by Rob Hill
I still assume that there are serious orders out there,
Based on what evidence ?

You yourself have not started any ?
Post by Rob Hill
Go ahead and flame off, I'm made of fire anyway xxx
So we should flame off you, so your being made of flame is no moar ?

Seems self destructive, are you sad ?
Mike Duffy
2016-03-19 16:12:12 UTC
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 16:19:24 +0100, Bassos wrote:

King Bassos! Are you still here?
Post by Bassos
Post by Rob Hill
and the really at best the would seem to be pyramid schemes
Rewrite needed.
I think he meant 'pyramid' in the Ponzi sense vs. the geomancy sense.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm