22 years
David Dalton
2016-01-08 02:30:53 UTC
As of Tuesday night it was 22 years (two sunspot cycles, or
a full forward+reverse polarities 22 year cycle) since my
best waning crescent high started, so I am hoping for some
positive effects soon.
"Remember how I found you there/Alone in your electric chair
I told you dirty jokes until you smiled" (Billy Joel)
David Dalton
2016-01-15 05:47:27 UTC
Post by David Dalton
As of Tuesday night it was 22 years (two sunspot cycles, or
a full forward+reverse polarities 22 year cycle) since my
best waning crescent high started, so I am hoping for some
positive effects soon.
It will also soon be 20 years since my low years started
rather than the usual 7 years.
"You've been so long/Well, it's been so long
And I've been putting out fire/with gasoline" (David Bowie)
David Dalton
2016-01-16 04:54:41 UTC
As of Tuesday night it was 22 years (two sunspot cycles, or a full
forward+reverse polarities 22 year cycle) since my best waning
crescent high started, so I am hoping for some positive effects
soon.
It will also soon be 20 years since my low years started rather than
the usual 7 years.
You state that 22 years ago, your "best waning crescent high started."
Yes, on the night of January 5, 1994.
Then you state that it's almost 20 years since "my low years started."
Yes, on the morning of January 29, 1996.
I'm confused. Are you in a high or a low?
My last waning crescent high was in late August and early
September of 1994. 1995 was a transition year and on
January 29, 1996 my low years began. However on my
current medication regimen they aren't too low except in
terms of creativity, but I still hope they will end
with a period of sustained productive creativity.
What scientific evidence is there that sunspot polarity has an effect on
one's personal reality?
There is no evidence that I know of that the solar cycle
has an effect on averaged population but I know that
for me there was an M-class solar flare 2--3 days before
each of my five waning crescent highs, and also fairly
high sunspot number. My strongest waning crescent
high came in early September 1991 which was a bit after
the peak in sunspot number but probably around the peak
of sunspot surface area. In 1986 I had a long mild
depression and again my low years began in January 1996,
both during low periods of the sunspot cycle. I
expected the low years to end after seven years (of
low years, or a bit over 11 years after my first high)
but they didn't, perhaps because my medication while
keeping my low years from being too low might also
be blocking my release from the low years.

At the onset of three of my waning crescent highs there
was clear sky lightning which I think may be due to
solar activity affecting the ionosphere.

Also three of my waning crescent highs has onsets which
were 5.5 lunar months (162 days, or 6 solar rotations)
after onsets of waxing gibbous moon mixed/psychotic
(and unpleasant) episodes. From that 5.5 lunar month
separation I was able to predict my last waning
crescent high. However during my low years, in 1996
and 1997, I had some more such mixed (a combination of
racing thoughts, low mood, and some psychosis) episodes
without a followup waning crescent high. Since May
1992 until recently I abstained from marijuana at
all times (since marijuana triggered a mixed episode
back then). Recently I have still abstained from
marijuana during waxing moon. Since mid-July of
1997 I have abstained from alcohol 1--9 days before
full moon and I have had no more alcohol-triggered
or alcohol-worsened mixed/psychotic episodes even
though I have drunk a fair bit at other moon phases.

Do I expect the occasional waning crescent highs to
resume once I come out of the low years? No, rather
I expect a steady/sustained productive creativity
including in poetry/lyrics and scientific creativity.

How would I explain solar cycle and lunar cycle
effects on my mood? Well, I guess I have (or had) internal
cycles that are resonant with those solar and
lunar cycles. But I don't know of anyone else
living who has had cycles similar to mine.
David Dalton
2016-01-16 05:14:02 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Also three of my waning crescent highs has onsets which
were 5.5 lunar months (162 days, or 6 solar rotations)
after onsets of waxing gibbous moon mixed/psychotic
(and unpleasant) episodes.
6 Carrington solar rotations of 27 days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_rotation#Carrington_rotation
Mike Duffy
2016-01-16 17:09:27 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Do I expect the occasional waning crescent highs to
resume once I come out of the low years? No, rather
I expect a steady/sustained productive creativity
including in poetry/lyrics and scientific creativity.
This has already started David. The Ph.D. papers qualify as such.
Post by David Dalton
How would I explain solar cycle and lunar cycle
effects on my mood? Well, I guess I have (or had) internal
cycles that are resonant with those solar and
lunar cycles. But I don't know of anyone else
living who has had cycles similar to mine.
We all have up & down cycles. Usually they are not pronounced anough for us
or others to notice. When the cycles are pronounced enough, we call it
'bipolar disorder'. But it something we all experience to some degree.

My guess is that not very many people are actually keeping close enough
track of their up & down cycles to be able to correlate them to specific
astronomical cycles. Also, something that subjective will surely be subject
to observational bias.
Bob Officer
2016-01-16 22:21:30 UTC
Post by David Dalton
How would I explain solar cycle and lunar cycle
effects on my mood? Well, I guess I have (or had) internal
cycles that are resonant with those solar and
lunar cycles. But I don't know of anyone else
living who has had cycles similar to mine.
We all have up & down cycles. Usually they are not pronounced anough for us
or others to notice. When the cycles are pronounced enough, we call it
'bipolar disorder'. But it something we all experience to some degree.
And some people deal with the down in different ways. There is really no
such thing as normal, because our DNA is so diverse.
Post by Mike Duffy
My guess is that not very many people are actually keeping close enough
track of their up & down cycles to be able to correlate them to specific
astronomical cycles. Also, something that subjective will surely be subject
to observational bias.
In deeded, like the so call full moon claim and hospital ER rooms. When a
comprehensive study is done the correlation seems to disappear.
--
Yep it is me, and Carole believes adding 2+2 can sometimes equal 3 or 5,
and getting wrong answers means you are thinking outside the box.
David Dalton
2016-01-17 03:15:29 UTC
Post by Bob Officer
Post by Mike Duffy
My guess is that not very many people are actually keeping close enough
track of their up & down cycles to be able to correlate them to specific
astronomical cycles. Also, something that subjective will surely be subject
to observational bias.
In deeded, like the so call full moon claim and hospital ER rooms. When a
comprehensive study is done the correlation seems to disappear.
My worst times have been the week before full moon but full
moon itself has been a time of release from those worst
times, which luckily I haven't experienced since
mid-July of 1997.