Exploring Kabbalah and Numerology
Corey White
2016-04-15 18:11:03 UTC
I started out with the idea that numbers were just variables, and that just maybe there could be more than one answer for any problem. So then I thought about Kabbalah. Each letter in the Jewish system of Gemantria, has a unique number. So I decided to try this with the english words we use for numbers. I wrote a program that solved it, and then learned online that we only use 16 letters of the alphabet, which means you couldn't assign every letter an integer in all possible numbers. But who needs to do that? All we need are the numbers 0 - 10. Which can actually have multiple values, but here is one:

(zero) = (43 + 57 + -56 + -44)
(one) = (-44 + -12 + 57)
(two) = (-35 + 81 + -44)
(three) = (-35 + -20 + -56 + 57 + 57)
(four) = (62 + -44 + 42 + -56)
(five) = (62 + -24 + -90 + 57)
(six) = (-5 + -24 + 35)
(seven) = (-5 + 57 + -90 + 57 + -12)
(eight) = (57 + -24 + 30 + -20 + -35)
(nine) = (-12 + -24 + -12 + 57)
(ten) = (-35 + 57 + -12)

Next I give you an example of how we can write any number in English using the standard operators for mathematics:

(ten^(two))*three = ( -35 + 57 + -12)^(-35 + 81 + -44) * (-35 + -20 + -56 + 57 + 57)

(ten^(two))*three = ( 10^2 ) * 3

(ten^(two))*three = ( 100 ) * 3

(ten^(two))*three = 300

What do you think?
Corey White
2016-04-15 19:14:44 UTC
Someone on sci.math helped me make a more elegant solution Here:

My problem was assigning numbers to the words we normally use instead of the numeric symbols 1 through 10. To do this each letter is given one unique number. The numerical values for all the letters in a word are added together. So o+n+e=1, and t+w+o=2. That's all there is too it!

Here is a chart with the solution:.

[ E, F, G, H, I, L, N, O, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Z]
[-2,-6, 0,-7, 7, 9, 2, 1, 4, 3,10, 5, 6,-9,-4,-3]

(zero) = (-3 + -2 + 4 + 1)

(one) = (1 + 2 + -2)

(two) = (10 + -9 + 1)

(three) = (10 + -7 + 4 + -2 + -2)

(four) = (-6 + 1 + 5 + 4)

(five) = (-6 + 7 + 6 + -2)

(six) = (3 + 7 + -4)

(seven) = (3 + -2 + 6 + -2 + 2)

(eight) = (-2 + 7 + 0 + -7 + 10)

(nine) = (2 + 7 + 1 + -2)

(ten) = (10 + -2 + 2)

(ten^(two))*three = (10 + -2 + 2)^(10 + -9 + 1)  * (10 + -7 + 4 + -2 + -2)

(ten^(two))*three = ( 10^2 ) * 3

(ten^(two))*three = ( 100 ) * 3

(ten^(two))*three = 300
Little Me
2016-09-02 00:44:45 UTC
Post by Corey White
I started out with the idea that numbers were just variables, and that
just maybe there could be more than one answer for any problem. So
then I thought about Kabbalah. Each letter in the Jewish system of
Gemantria, has a unique number.
Actually each letter has more than one number. In Gematria its not
necessarily just one unique one.

<snip>
--
Little Me