the lock of hair
2013-06-22 05:11:38 UTC
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.

What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.

Followup-To set to alt.magick .
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"world will flower with the power of love, not the love of power" (Mae Moore)
James Cameron
2013-06-22 05:37:09 UTC
--
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"world will flower with the power of love, not the love of power" (Mae Moore)
Hoodoo stuff maybe? I dont think a banishing spell of sorts would be a good idea, unless you start looking at the obcession being negative, and banishing the negativity. I'm not a person that comes up with that many unique spells (or even a couple), so I'm not the best one to offer advice on this.

What about maybe general rituals like LBRP, LBRH and Middle Pillar? Maybe those would take your mind off of Sarah to a degree. Again though, I am a bit of a noob as Bassos pointed out, so maybe the others have something to suggest?
Maybe love spells with the sort of song like, if it doesnt love you back, set it free type jingle?

Thanks,

James Del Fuego
James Cameron
2013-06-22 05:38:33 UTC
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
Followup-To set to alt.magick .
--
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"world will flower with the power of love, not the love of power" (Mae Moore)
Of course, I missed the key phrase of WWSD? I would assume (perhaps incorrectly making a bigger ass of myself, just as I was losing a lot of weight) that perhaps Sarah is not familiar with witchcraft or hermetics.

James Del Fuego
James Cameron
2013-06-22 05:40:14 UTC
Which reminds me of some photo I saw recently where there is this girl making this teen face and the caption reads OMG, Just Saw Charmed, Im A Witch!

Don't know why I thought of that, I just did.

James Del Fuego
Kaydon
2013-06-22 15:08:03 UTC
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
Followup-To set to alt.magick .
David,

Your obsession with her is not her responsibility. It's your state and
your doing. Listen to the mp3 I posted.

2013-06-26 02:31:53 UTC
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
Maybe Sarah can do something with the lock of hair
to bring me out of the low years?
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Will you breathe not a word of this secrecy?
Will you still be my special rose?" (Van Morrison)
t***@gmail.com
2013-07-09 14:43:42 UTC
(Sorry for the late and x-posed reply)
Post by David Dalton
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
Miss McLachlan is an impressive artist, but I think that she has enough hair.
Post by David Dalton
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
It is YOUR obsession and YOUR responsibility to control or eradicate it. You seem to understand part of the solution but are heading off in the wrong direction.

To break an obsession is simple, (you don't even need a razor-wire shrine). Take a single hair from YOUR own body. It does not matter which, how much it can even be an eyelash. IMPORTANT NOTE! Detach the single hair from your body! Pluck, cut or yank - it does not matter how you create this offering, but in order to use fire to create change you start by creating a safe barrier between yourself and the offering of your body.

Create a cleansing ritual space. For this you will need:
a bowl, some water, a candle and some way to light the candle.
If you are doing this inside then you can take a piece of string that is long enough to create a circle around yourself and have space to work. 8 meters should be enough. I prefer to use white cord. If you are outside then mark off the circle in a non-destructive way. Chalk on stone, a line in the sand, anything that does no harm.

Put the bowl on the bowl in the middle of where you are going to work and stand the unlit candle in the middle of it. Pour a few millimeters of water into the bowl, (if the candle falls over, then you can stand it up with small stones.)

Step into the circle, (I tie the ends of the rope together from inside of the circle, or finish the line in the sand.)

Sit in any position that is comfortable, (it is ok to change position when you need to) and Light the candle.

Look into the flame for a few seconds. Let the issue, the addiction arrive naturally in your mind. Then watch as it drifts away. Imagine writing the name of the problem on a huge sandy beach and then watch as the sea cleans the idea from your mind. Bring the idea back again but this time notice that the images are a little bit more transparent. They are also smaller. Keep looking into the flame as you see the images and ideas fade away. Work really hard to bring the desire back, (this is YOUR stray emotion that you have mistakenly attached) and notice that Each time that you blink it is just like the sea washing that beach clean. Leaving it pure and ready for something more productive. Even if you try to hold onto the addiction with each blink it is simply gone. Each time your mind is reminded or it your connection is weaker and it is fine to enjoy the memory of how you were because you can see how much better you are becoming.

When you are ready to finally break the power that YOU have given to this idea simply let the flame break the connection by burning the end or the middle of your offering. You don't even have to burn the entire thing because the connection is as delicate as an idea and you chose to no longer be controlled by it.

If there is any part of the hair left then let it fall into the water and use the water to extinguish the candle. This is like sealing the tomb so that the problem can not come back.

Then you are free to break the circle and use the water to feed some plant. You can do this with other people, but I've always found it more effective to do on my own.

Take your time with this, and you can even repeat it for each of the aspects and versions of yourself.

One last thing to note. Safety, safety, safety. Flames are powerful and can be dangerous. If you use a match to light the candle then drop it into the water. If you use something else then put it on a stone to keep it from damaging anything.

After that you should be able to surface and feel ready for some ice-cream.

Strength and peace.

Master Sabian
David Dalton
2013-07-11 04:31:59 UTC
Post by David Dalton
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
It is YOUR obsession and YOUR responsibility to control or eradicate it.
I don't need any ritual to give up on my love for Sarah,
I just would have to decide to do it. However I don't
want to give up on that love, though I have put it on the
back burner for now. And I would give up on it if she
asked me to, and perhaps even if she willed that I do so
in a ritual/spell of her own without letting me know.

Hey, there's a moth on the wall.
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Wild rose in the forest/wild rose on the moor/dawn mist on the mountain/
comers crashing on the shore" (Dave Panting/Rawlins Cross)
Mike Duffy
2013-07-11 16:57:54 UTC
I don't need any ritual to give up on my love for Sarah,
I just would have to decide to do it.
Don't ever give up on your love for her!

But in this context, "love" means affording her the respect and privacy
every woman (or man) deserves. I'm referring to the "agape" love of a
fellow human, in doing what is best for that person.

What you need to give up on is your sexual attraction to her, to leave
yourself available in that manner to women you meet face to face.
Post by David Dalton
However I don't want to give up on that love,
though I have put it on the back burner for now.
This is okay, as long as you understand that it is in the same level of
possibility as all of the other females on the planet.
Post by David Dalton
And I would give up on it if she asked me to,
and perhaps even if she willed that I do so
in a ritual/spell of her own without letting me know.
You might even ask her to send it (the lock of hair) back to you. If she
has lost it or already thrown it out with the trash, at least it
confirms that you mean as much to her as any other fan. (i.e. not
completely zero value because she does enjoy her job as an entertainer,
but at the same time nothing of exceptional importance to her.)

Just asking her to send it back would be a sufficient "spell" performed
on yourself to help you get over your unrequited amorous feelings.
Post by David Dalton
Hey, there's a moth on the wall.
You are enough of a shaman to know what you need to do with it.
http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/index.htm
David Dalton
2013-07-12 01:22:44 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by David Dalton
I don't need any ritual to give up on my love for Sarah,
I just would have to decide to do it.
Don't ever give up on your love for her!
But in this context, "love" means affording her the respect and privacy
every woman (or man) deserves. I'm referring to the "agape" love of a
fellow human, in doing what is best for that person.
What you need to give up on is your sexual attraction to her, to leave
yourself available in that manner to women you meet face to face.
True, I would give up on my romantic/sexual love for her
and not my "agape" love for her and her music. But note
that I did have an intense face to face encounter with
her in 1995 though we didn't speak.
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by David Dalton
However I don't want to give up on that love,
though I have put it on the back burner for now.
This is okay, as long as you understand that it is in the same level of
possibility as all of the other females on the planet.
Again, based on my interactions with her in 1995 I had
a very good chance with her then, so I think after her
divorce that I again have some chance with her. However
it has been 18 years since we were very close to one
another so it isn't much of a chance. Also she has
had plenty of time to contact me and she hasn't, so
for now I am abstaining from sexually fantasizing about
her but I do still fantasize about some other celebrities
and about at least six Facebook friends (not all at once)
though none as frequently as I used to her.
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by David Dalton
And I would give up on it if she asked me to,
and perhaps even if she willed that I do so
in a ritual/spell of her own without letting me know.
You might even ask her to send it (the lock of hair) back to you. If she
has lost it or already thrown it out with the trash, at least it
confirms that you mean as much to her as any other fan. (i.e. not
completely zero value because she does enjoy her job as an entertainer,
but at the same time nothing of exceptional importance to her.)
Just asking her to send it back would be a sufficient "spell" performed
on yourself to help you get over your unrequited amorous feelings.
No, I think she would just not reply again. And I am
not about to write her again after writing her five
times years ago (spread out over a few years) without
getting a reply.
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by David Dalton
Hey, there's a moth on the wall.
You are enough of a shaman to know what you need to do with it.
There are significant moths in my past and in Sarah's past. :-)

But my eldest sister would say to kill it quickly since
it eats holes in wool clothing, but I didn't kill it.
David Dalton
2013-07-12 02:54:10 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
You might even ask her to send it (the lock of hair) back to you. If she
has lost it or already thrown it out with the trash, at least it
confirms that you mean as much to her as any other fan. (i.e. not
completely zero value because she does enjoy her job as an entertainer,
but at the same time nothing of exceptional importance to her.)
Just asking her to send it back would be a sufficient "spell" performed
on yourself to help you get over your unrequited amorous feelings.
No, I think she would just not reply again. And I am
not about to write her again after writing her five
times years ago (spread out over a few years) without
getting a reply.
Also she is no longer with Nettwerk so I am not sure
where to write her paper mail. But even if I did
know, I wouldn't write her again.
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"I gave my love a golden feather, I gave my love a heart of stone"
(Robbie Robertson)
Mike Duffy
2013-07-12 04:38:53 UTC
But my eldest sister would say to kill it quickly since
it eats holes in wool clothing, but I didn't kill it.
Most moths feed on other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tineola_bisselliella
http://pages.videotron.com/duffym/index.htm
s***@yahoo.com
2013-07-24 22:36:52 UTC
Did you perform any 'ritual' with the lock of hair, before you sent it?
Post by David Dalton
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
Followup-To set to alt.magick .
--
Shawn Legrand
***@yahoo.com
lux lucet in tenebris
David Dalton
2013-07-25 04:48:27 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Did you perform any 'ritual' with the lock of hair, before you sent it?
No, though I did bind the small packet of wrapping paper
I put it in with a strand of blue (the colour of my
blue rose vision of September 6, 1991) yarn left over
from a Wiccan-style group web-weaving ritual. In retrospect
I probably should have instead used the yarn that I
contributed to the ritual, which was burgundy. But I
didn't do any love spell or sex magick working. Oh,
and I can't remember if I bound the packet or the
hair itself with the yarn. In any case I didn't do any
specific working of will along with the hair and yarn.
The purpose of the web-weaving was community building.

In the note I sent with the lock of hair I said

Here is the lock.
Do you have the key?
Apply fire if you like.

or something like that, hoping she would apply
sexual fire instead of burning the lock.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by David Dalton
Years ago I mailed a lock of my hair to Sarah McLachlan.
What would you suggest she do with the lock of hair
to break the link between us (or if there is no such
link, to stop my obsession with her)? I suggested
in a very short poem accompanying the lock of hair
that she apply fire.
Followup-To set to alt.magick .
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Music & Travel
"sky full of stars like a french lace gown; shimmer, glimmer, think
I'm gonna fall, catch me momma that's all" (David Wilcox)
David Dalton
2013-07-25 05:22:11 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Did you perform any 'ritual' with the lock of hair, before you sent it?
No, though I did bind the small packet of wrapping paper
I put it in with a strand of blue (the colour of my
blue rose vision of September 6, 1991) yarn left over
from a Wiccan-style group web-weaving ritual. In retrospect
I probably should have instead used the yarn that I
contributed to the ritual, which was burgundy. But I
didn't do any love spell or sex magick working. Oh,
and I can't remember if I bound the packet or the
hair itself with the yarn. In any case I didn't do any
specific working of will along with the hair and yarn.
The purpose of the web-weaving was community building.
After the web-weaving ritual each participant cut
a small amount of the web to take home to their
altar and I took the rest to burn in our fireplace.
The yarn I used was from my small amount.
David Dalton
2013-07-25 05:36:14 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Did you perform any 'ritual' with the lock of hair, before you sent it?
No, though I did bind the small packet of wrapping paper
I put it in with a strand of blue (the colour of my
blue rose vision of September 6, 1991) yarn left over
from a Wiccan-style group web-weaving ritual. In retrospect
I probably should have instead used the yarn that I
contributed to the ritual, which was burgundy. But I
didn't do any love spell or sex magick working. Oh,
and I can't remember if I bound the packet or the
hair itself with the yarn. In any case I didn't do any
specific working of will along with the hair and yarn.
The purpose of the web-weaving was community building.
After the web-weaving ritual each participant cut
a small amount of the web to take home to their
altar and I took the rest to burn in our fireplace.
The yarn I used was from my small amount.
A similar ritual is described in this article by
Starhawk:

http://communities.ic.org/articles/1526/Creating_Community_Ritual

The relevant paragraph from that article is:

"Ritual can also be a way to prepare for danger or difficult
challenges. Before one big protest against the International
Monetary Fund and World Bank meeting in Washington DC in
April, 2000, a group of us from our Pagan Cluster of
activists offered a ritual to help people face the upcoming
blockade with confidence and courage. We wound dozens of
balls of yarn together, drew people into a circle and,
tossing the yarn back and forth, wove a web of connection.
When we cut the web apart, we each tied a thread around our
wrists to help us stay connected. We took the remaining yarn
into the streets with us the next day and wove a web around
our intersection, which became a soft blockade that kept us
from being run into by the motorcycle police."
David Dalton
2013-07-25 05:58:32 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Did you perform any 'ritual' with the lock of hair, before you sent it?
No, though I did bind the small packet of wrapping paper
I put it in with a strand of blue (the colour of my
blue rose vision of September 6, 1991) yarn left over
from a Wiccan-style group web-weaving ritual. In retrospect
I probably should have instead used the yarn that I
contributed to the ritual, which was burgundy. But I
didn't do any love spell or sex magick working. Oh,
and I can't remember if I bound the packet or the
hair itself with the yarn. In any case I didn't do any
specific working of will along with the hair and yarn.
The purpose of the web-weaving was community building.
So I didn't perform any detailed ritual with the lock
of hair, but the lock of hair is linked to me and I
linked it to my blue rose vision (which I associate
with Gaia the blue planet Earth and somewhat with
Sarah McLachlan in her blue dress dancing to Blue
Rodeo once on TV) and to the community-building ritual,
so I guess I was trying to include Sarah in my
community of friends.

good night,
s***@yahoo.com
2013-07-29 23:56:27 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
[...]
There should be no effect upon you, at least from your actions. Provided
she does not know how to utilize your hair to bind you to her, or to harm
you, I doubt that the lock of hair holds any power over an aspect that can
affect you. To control such an aspect, she would need to be an
advanced practitioner. I wouldn't worry about the lock of hair, anymore
then you should worry about the normal loss of hair and skin each of us
contribute each day to Gaia. ;)

As another one on the lists pointed out, if you want to change your desire,
the work must come from you to modify your own self.

Hope this helps.
--
Shawn Legrand
***@yahoo.com
lux lucet in tenebris
David Dalton
2013-07-30 02:43:21 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by s***@yahoo.com
[...]
I trust her, anyway.
David Dalton
2013-07-30 03:39:55 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by s***@yahoo.com
[...]
What do you mean, contribute to Gaia? We are all
subsets of Gaia, and the lost hair and skin is a
subset of Gaia before and after it leaves us.
Kaydon
2013-07-30 13:19:34 UTC
What do you mean, contribute to Gaia? We are all
subsets of Gaia, and the lost hair and skin is a
subset of Gaia before and after it leaves us.
Since in one of your previous posts, you defined All as All That Is,
and you are now defining Gaia in the same way, using different words,
do you now see ALL as being Gaia, just a different word?

If not, it would be helpful if you could explain the differences to us,
beyond wordplay.

Thanks.

Deborah
2013-07-30 14:35:46 UTC
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:19:34 +0000 (UTC), "Kaydon"
Post by Kaydon
Post by David Dalton
What do you mean, contribute to Gaia? We are all
subsets of Gaia, and the lost hair and skin is a
subset of Gaia before and after it leaves us.
Since in one of your previous posts, you defined All as All That Is,
and you are now defining Gaia in the same way, using different words,
do you now see ALL as being Gaia, just a different word?
He is not using Gaia in the same way as All. Anymore than he is
saying the earth is the universe. We are all subsets of both Gaia and
All, with All being the greater.
Thanks.
Kaydon
2013-07-30 17:41:28 UTC
Post by Deborah
He is not using Gaia in the same way as All. Anymore than he is
saying the earth is the universe. We are all subsets of both Gaia and
All, with All being the greater.
In many of David's previous posts, it's more than clear that David
considers all 'deity's' separate from himself, as evidenced by
statements such as 'Luna is judging whether I'm allowed out of the low
years', or however he worded it.

However, in the post I replied to, David is suggesting our hair is a
subset of us, who are subsets of Gaia.

What I'm now curious about is, which view does David hold? Separateness
or Oneness? Or is it both? At what point does separateness arise or is
it just a matter of perception? Is Luna, Gaia, Sol, All etc more
"Deity" than "Deborah" or "David" or "Kaydon" or "Tom" or anyone else?
Why or why not? Who made that judgement? Is it to be believed? Am I
allowed to choose differently? Is my head going to explode from
thinking about this stuff?
2013-07-31 02:11:05 UTC
Post by Kaydon
Post by Deborah
[...]
My hair is a subset of me.
I am a subset of Human.
Human is a subset of Gaia for now (unless humans left here years ago)
Gaia is a subset of Galacta, as are Luna and Sola.
Galacta is a subset of Cosma.
Cosma is a subset of ALL, as is LOVE2.

However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul. Thus I still
maintain that I and each of my top eight main
deities mentioned above are distinct someones.

I once held a theory of apparent and/or actual
overlap where the overlap could be only approximate,
not actually mathematically tight. But that was
a long time ago and I would have to dig through
my old writing to get the details. Anyway I
abandoned that theory years ago.

Another theory could be that only our physical
bodies are subsets of Gaia and that our consciousnesses
and souls are not, though they would be subsets
of ALL. But I currently don't believe that
theory, but rather that we, including our souls
and consciousnesses, are subsets of Gaia (and
of course also of ALL).
David Dalton
2013-07-31 02:22:30 UTC
However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul.
But my soul and my consciousness are still subsets
of Gaia even if my soul is not a subset of Gaia's
soul and my consciousness is not a subset of
Gaia's consciousness, in the theory I currently
believe.
Kaydon
2013-07-31 02:28:38 UTC
However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul.
But my soul and my consciousness are still subsets
of Gaia even if my soul is not a subset of Gaia's
soul and my consciousness is not a subset of
Gaia's consciousness, in the theory I currently
believe.
Cool. So you envision yourself to be separate from your consciousness,
is that what you're saying? In other words, consciousness and "I" are
different?

2013-07-31 02:57:19 UTC
Post by Kaydon
However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul.
But my soul and my consciousness are still subsets
of Gaia even if my soul is not a subset of Gaia's
soul and my consciousness is not a subset of
Gaia's consciousness, in the theory I currently
believe.
Cool. So you envision yourself to be separate from your consciousness,
is that what you're saying? In other words, consciousness and "I" are
different?
No, my consciousness is separate from my physical body
but both my consciousness and my physical body are
subsets of me, as is my soul. I consist of the
three parts: mind, body, and soul.

It could be that my consciousness is a subset of
Gaia's consciousness. But I think that my
consciousness is a subset of Gaia but that it
is not a subset of Gaia's consciousness but
either is separate from Gaia's consciousness
or just intersects with but does not lie entirely
within Gaia's consciousness.

I may have to do some field work to see if I
can sense whether my soul is a subset of
Gaia's soul and whether my mind is a subset
of Gaia's mind. I just tried and I can't
tell yet.

But note that I am capable
of temporary soul alignment with Gaia such
that my soul is identical with Gaia's for
a temporary period, which might be useful
for a ritual. I think I could facilitate
such an alignment for another ritual
participant (e.g. an alignment between
Sarah McLachlan and Gaia) if she wanted, too.
Kaydon
2013-07-31 13:35:18 UTC
Post by Kaydon
In article
Post by David Dalton
However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul.
But my soul and my consciousness are still subsets
of Gaia even if my soul is not a subset of Gaia's
soul and my consciousness is not a subset of
Gaia's consciousness, in the theory I currently
believe.
Cool. So you envision yourself to be separate from your
consciousness, is that what you're saying? In other words,
consciousness and "I" are different?
No, my consciousness is separate from my physical body
but both my consciousness and my physical body are
subsets of me, as is my soul. I consist of the
three parts: mind, body, and soul.
Ah, OK. When you refer to "I", how are you defining it? When anyone
says "I", they have defined it in some way in order to determine its
existence.

The same goes for "God" or "Magick" or anything else. Its quite common
for someone to say "Magick doesn't exist!" OK, well how have they
defined magick in order for their statement to be true?

It's usually something along the lines of "Magick is the stuff in Harry
Potter movies".

Then it gets complicated :)

2013-07-31 02:43:14 UTC
Post by Kaydon
Post by Deborah
[...]
Note that I believe that even when my hair is detached
from me it remains a subset of the species someone
Human. Thus a detached eagle feather remains a
subset of the species someone Eagle, as well. I
believe that any fragment containing DNA, or even
just the DNA, remains a subset of the species
someone. This could be exploited by doing a
magickal working invoking the species someone with
the fragment (such as the eagle feather).
Post by David Dalton
Gaia is a subset of Galacta, as are Luna and Sola.
Galacta is a subset of Cosma.
Cosma is a subset of ALL, as is LOVE2.
However my saying that I am a subset of Gaia
does not necessarily imply that my consciousness
is a subset of Gaia's consciousness, or that
my soul is a subset of Gaia's soul. Thus I still
maintain that I and each of my top eight main
deities mentioned above are distinct someones.
Even if my consciousness is a subset of Gaia's
consciousness I am still a very small part of
Gaia and I would not have deity status with
respect to anyone whereas Gaia does with respect
to me. (But I once said I was the clithead of Gaia,
during my January 1995 early waxing moon trial.)
Post by David Dalton
Another theory could be that only our physical
bodies are subsets of Gaia and that our consciousnesses
and souls are not, though they would be subsets
of ALL. But I currently don't believe that
theory, but rather that we, including our souls
and consciousnesses, are subsets of Gaia (and
of course also of ALL).
Also these days I am divining that I have been
judged by my twelve main deities and passed and
scheduled for release from the low years during
the next waxing crescent moon.
Kaydon
2013-07-31 13:23:27 UTC
Note that I believe that even when my hair is detached
from me it remains a subset of the species someone
Human. Thus a detached eagle feather remains a
subset of the species someone Eagle, as well. I
believe that any fragment containing DNA, or even
just the DNA, remains a subset of the species
someone. This could be exploited by doing a
magickal working invoking the species someone with
the fragment (such as the eagle feather).
That could explain it. You could even understand it from the quantum
theory perspective.
Post by David Dalton
... (But I once said I was the clithead of Gaia ... .)
That sounds like it could be fun :)
Post by David Dalton
Also these days I am divining that I have been
judged by my twelve main deities and passed and
scheduled for release from the low years during
the next waxing crescent moon.
I hope for the best for you.

Deborah
2013-07-31 16:53:37 UTC
Another theory could be that only our physical
bodies are subsets of Gaia and that our consciousnesses
and souls are not, though they would be subsets
of ALL. But I currently don't believe that
theory, but rather that we, including our souls
and consciousnesses, are subsets of Gaia (and
of course also of ALL).
I think I pretty much believe that consciousness and mind are not the
same. I would speak of mind as an aspect of spirit. Consciousness is
bodily. Mind does not require sleep. Body-brain does. Body-brain
can lose consciousness and frequently does. But mind remains as it
is, always. I tend to think of bodily consciouness as a limit on
mind, such that mind is drawn into a particular locus of experience
which is not it's own. Temporarily it is confined to being in or with
a particular body and seeing from that body's perspective. It is the
same mind being Deborah, David, Kaydon, and everyone else who ever
lived, lives now, or ever will live in the future, but due to
temporary confinement, it has no way of knowing this. It has
forgotten what it is.

It is okay, though. It makes no difference. What it is has not
changed. What it is cannot change. Nevertheless, ACIM seems to think
it is desirable that we remember what we are, and teaches a way for
_its_ students to do this. Basically by looking beyond the appearance
of disconnected "others" and seeing our own Self.

I think that is the true meaning of some words ascribed to Jesus:
Thou shalt love the lord the God with all thy heart and mind and will,
and thou shalt love they neighbour as thyself.

Literally AS thyself.

David Dalton
2013-07-31 01:53:35 UTC
Post by Kaydon
Post by David Dalton
What do you mean, contribute to Gaia? We are all
subsets of Gaia, and the lost hair and skin is a
subset of Gaia before and after it leaves us.
Since in one of your previous posts, you defined All as All That Is,
and you are now defining Gaia in the same way, using different words,
do you now see ALL as being Gaia, just a different word?
If not, it would be helpful if you could explain the differences to us,
beyond wordplay.
Thanks.
Gaia is the planet Earth, which we are a subset of.
Gaia is a subset of ALL, as we are as well.
Bassos
2013-07-30 06:08:27 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by s***@yahoo.com
[...]
Every act has effects.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Provided she does not know how to utilize your hair to bind you to her, or to harm
you,
So you do think that if SHE would know how to, that a lock of hair would
be significant ?
Post by s***@yahoo.com
I doubt that the lock of hair holds any power over an aspect that can
affect you.
Entanglement.

There, i just went quantum on y'r butt-cheeks.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
To control such an aspect, she would need to be an
advanced practitioner.
Heh.

Nah.

WILL is all ya need.

With some lub.

Like the prodigy sang;

Magic people stupid people.

If one has the poison and the remedy, well ill intent is suspected.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
I wouldn't worry about the lock of hair, anymore
then you should worry about the normal loss of hair and skin each of us
contribute each day to Gaia. ;)
Kinda nice, yet we just borrow our bodies of clay from gaia anyway.

And ssshhhh, she is still sleeping.

Nobody as a human knows what might happen if she wakes up.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
As another one on the lists pointed out, if you want to change your desire,
the work must come from you to modify your own self.
The list ?

Newsgroup ?

Kinda very different thingies.
Post by s***@yahoo.com