lack of progress
2018-10-31 03:53:13 UTC
I guess it is not up to a person to call himself or herself a leader but more
up to others. Thus I doubt I will get very far by tooting my own horn about
my being an avatar type. And I am not seeking followers, so I don't expect
any followers to proclaim me as an avatar type. But I hope that some in small
marginalized religions will use the information I have on
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html to help prove that their significant
figures are just as good as the figures of major religions. And I also hope
that my four components (global new age onset magickal workings) will work
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity and mental stability.
“Coming into season this world will flower
With the power of love, not the love of power" (Mae Moore)
Mike_Duffy
2018-11-01 02:06:04 UTC
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity
Too late. Earning a PhD recently qualifies as 'prodcutive creativity'.
Post by David Dalton
and mental stability.
I only know you from what I've seen on Usenet. Based on that, you are way
more mentally stable now than you ever were.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
David Dalton
2018-11-03 05:14:33 UTC
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity
Too late. Earning a PhD recently qualifies as 'prodcutive creativity'.
Well, it was more just a question of plugging away at it. And
since I’ve finished I haven’t come up with much in the way
of a research proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship yet.
Instead I’ve been relatively slack..
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
and mental stability.
I only know you from what I've seen on Usenet. Based on that, you are way
more mentally stable now than you ever were.
Thanks, Mike. And indeed I’m not far off from where I was
before my first mania of 1991. But I think that I have yet
to realize my potential in terms of poetry, lyrics, spiritual
theories, and innovative scientific ideas.

But as I have said before, my low years are not low except in
terms of creativity while I am on my current medication
regimen and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before
full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon.

And right now, having given up on my four components at
least until I come out of the low years, I should have more
time on my hands. But I do have a couple of new papers
I am supposed to be working on and have promised to
do some mathematics for one of them tomorrow. However
I should be able to find some time soon to update my CV,
apply for some freelance work doing proofreading and
editing of scientific papers, and maybe do a little more
library and web research into past figures who had cycles
similar to mine.
“Don't get me wrong/If I come and go like fashion
I might be great tomorrow/But hopeless yesterday" (Chrissie Hynde)
Bassos
2018-11-04 15:15:10 UTC
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity
Too late. Earning a PhD recently qualifies as 'prodcutive creativity'.
Well, it was more just a question of plugging away at it. And
since I’ve finished I haven’t come up with much in the way
of a research proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship yet.
Instead I’ve been relatively slack..
Ah.

The age old;

Work for goal.
Reach Goal.

Now what ...

Kinda like enlightenment.

So ya might as well go for scientific enlightenment.

There is quite some mri stuff with meditation as a subject matter.

room to specify into your god-molecule nonsense ?

just come up with a decent method, and i'll present suggestions for
improvements, so the meditation side of the experiment can be reasonably
managed.
Post by David Dalton
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
and mental stability.
I only know you from what I've seen on Usenet. Based on that, you are way
more mentally stable now than you ever were.
Thanks, Mike. And indeed I’m not far off from where I was
before my first mania of 1991. But I think that I have yet
to realize my potential in terms of poetry, lyrics, spiritual
theories, and innovative scientific ideas.
Shoot beyond the crown!
there is no goal.
Shut up, there is a game on.
Post by David Dalton
But as I have said before, my low years are not low except in
terms of creativity while I am on my current medication
regimen and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before
full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon.
Is that a rigorously maintained regimen ?

Do you maintain a journal and compare notes over a longer period of
time, in a scientific way ?

do you already have done all that work, have a kewl presentation about
your states over time, but just kinda sorta feel that it is not
'explosive' enuff to present as a research subject ?
Post by David Dalton
And right now, having given up on my four components at
least until I come out of the low years, I should have more
time on my hands. But I do have a couple of new papers
I am supposed to be working on and have promised to
do some mathematics for one of them tomorrow. However
I should be able to find some time soon to update my CV,
apply for some freelance work doing proofreading and
editing of scientific papers, and maybe do a little more
library and web research into past figures who had cycles
similar to mine.
I admit i have not visited your website in quite some years.

Do you have your scientific exposition on your own mental states there ?
In non flowery but highly organized ways.

Ya know;
charts with influence over time, actual blood measured values of
whatever you where proscribed with, when you used your meds with other
mental lubricants, when not, nice averages, general observations, mapped
together with your birthchart and progressed moon, afflicted planets and
strong connections.

Ya know, foundation stuff to build upon.
Mike_Duffy
2018-11-04 21:15:27 UTC
Post by Bassos
your god-molecule nonsense ?
No Bassos, that was me. If you are interested, I put a few posts recently
into alt.atheism and talk.origins .

The molecule is called a 'Posner' molecule; it is basically one unit
crystal of hydrated apatite. (Calcium Phosphate)

The P atoms have entangled spin states. (With each other within the
molecule, but also apparently with other molecules.)
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
Bassos
2018-11-08 19:58:15 UTC
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by Bassos
your god-molecule nonsense ?
No Bassos, that was me.
Nice;

I was wrong, incorrect even, totally off-base, someone that mentioned
something, that just was not the way things are.

I feel so special now ;)
I read enuff of your presented articles to 'feel' your argument needs work.
Mike_Duffy
2018-11-09 05:27:47 UTC
Post by Bassos
I read enuff of your presented articles to 'feel' your argument needs work.
Thanks for your support! It has become somewhat of a pique lately.
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm
David Dalton
2018-11-05 05:30:58 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by David Dalton
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity
Too late. Earning a PhD recently qualifies as 'prodcutive creativity'.
Well, it was more just a question of plugging away at it. And
since I’ve finished I haven’t come up with much in the way
of a research proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship yet.
Instead I’ve been relatively slack..
Ah.
The age old;
Work for goal.
Reach Goal.
Now what ...
No, I’ve been enjoying having some time off, though I should
have gone on a trip.
Post by Bassos
Kinda like enlightenment.
So ya might as well go for scientific enlightenment.
I do have some physics clues from my 1991--1995 years that
I will try to decipher eventually.
Post by Bassos
There is quite some mri stuff with meditation as a subject matter.
room to specify into your god-molecule nonsense ?
Mike Duffy’s, though I hope to look into it eventually.
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
But as I have said before, my low years are not low except in
terms of creativity while I am on my current medication
regimen and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before
full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon.
Is that a rigorously maintained regimen ?
Yes. And up to a couple of years ago (after May 1992) I
was abstaining from marijuana all the time.
Post by Bassos
Do you maintain a journal and compare notes over a longer period of
time, in a scientific way ?
do you already have done all that work, have a kewl presentation about
your states over time, but just kinda sorta feel that it is not
'explosive' enuff to present as a research subject ?
I note any significant changes on a calendar,plus I have been
documenting my four components activation attempts, which
I have now given up on until I come out of the low years.
But the pattern of waning crescent highs ended with my
last one of late August/early September, 1994, and the
pattern of waxing gibbous moon trials ended when I started
abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon after
my mid-July, 1997 trial. And I did not come out of the low
years after 7 years, indeed I am at a bit over 22.7 years now,
which is a good bit more than the 14 years of Rama. But
I do have a bigger region, the advantage of medication,
eyeglasses, pictures and recordings of Sarah McLachlan,
plus lifespans are longer on average now and may become
even longer if my evolution subcomponent ever works.
Post by Bassos
Post by David Dalton
And right now, having given up on my four components at
least until I come out of the low years, I should have more
time on my hands. But I do have a couple of new papers
I am supposed to be working on and have promised to
do some mathematics for one of them tomorrow. However
I should be able to find some time soon to update my CV,
apply for some freelance work doing proofreading and
editing of scientific papers, and maybe do a little more
library and web research into past figures who had cycles
similar to mine.
I admit i have not visited your website in quite some years.
It hasn’t changed much, I’ve been basically treading water.
Post by Bassos
Do you have your scientific exposition on your own mental states there ?
In non flowery but highly organized ways.
Ya know;
charts with influence over time, actual blood measured values of
whatever you where proscribed with, when you used your meds with other
mental lubricants, when not, nice averages, general observations, mapped
together with your birthchart and progressed moon, afflicted planets and
strong connections.
Ya know, foundation stuff to build upon.
No, I just have some arm-waving discussion of resonances between
lunar and solar sunspot cycles and my internal cycles in
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/science.html .
It hasn’t been updated since 1997 but does summarize my
main episodes before then.

Also while I believe in some resonates between lunar and solar
sunspot cycles and my internal cycles, I don’t believe in astrology.
David Dalton
2018-11-05 05:39:05 UTC
Also while I believe in some resonates between lunar and solar
That should read “some resonances” (auto correct got me)
Bassos
2018-11-08 20:07:46 UTC
Post by Bassos
Post by David Dalton
Post by Mike_Duffy
Post by David Dalton
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity
Too late. Earning a PhD recently qualifies as 'prodcutive creativity'.
Well, it was more just a question of plugging away at it. And
since I’ve finished I haven’t come up with much in the way
of a research proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship yet.
Instead I’ve been relatively slack..
Ah.
The age old;
Work for goal.
Reach Goal.
Now what ...
No, I’ve been enjoying having some time off, though I should
have gone on a trip.
LSD ? so soon ? :P
Post by David Dalton
Post by Bassos
Kinda like enlightenment.
So ya might as well go for scientific enlightenment.
I do have some physics clues from my 1991--1995 years that
I will try to decipher eventually.
Nah, just map them out in some automated manner.

Finding out how to automate in a way you approve is the tedious part.
Post by David Dalton
Post by Bassos
There is quite some mri stuff with meditation as a subject matter.
room to specify into your god-molecule nonsense ?
Mike Duffy’s, though I hope to look into it eventually.
I stood corrected.
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
But as I have said before, my low years are not low except in
terms of creativity while I am on my current medication
regimen and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before
full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon.
Is that a rigorously maintained regimen ?
Yes. And up to a couple of years ago (after May 1992) I
was abstaining from marijuana all the time.
I feel (not 'feel') that exchange of states is what makes life interesting.

Change your habit once a week, nip IT in ze buttocks before you get stuck.

For the science part:
Repeat an activity, and the pathways guiding that movement, idea, and
state of being get stronger, while other connections die off.

After too long of a habit;
Groooves, and not the groovy kind.
Actual physical forms.
Post by Bassos
[...]
EZ:
You are a scientist of sorts;
if the big bang starts a universe as a single motion.
starts with 2 elemental forces that morph into 4.
Then every move from every part is started by this single move.
Maybe there are more 'fundamental'(:P) forces coming up.
(not fundamental, if we started with 2)

If that is true;
Observing our local particular solar system, from earth, and correlating
motion with other mves;

seems rational.
David Dalton
2018-11-03 05:02:40 UTC
I guess it is not up to a person to call himself or herself a leader but more
up to others. Thus I doubt I will get very far by tooting my own horn about
my being an avatar type. And I am not seeking followers, so I don't expect
any followers to proclaim me as an avatar type. But I hope that some in small
marginalized religions will use the information I have on
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html to help prove that their significant
figures are just as good as the figures of major religions. And I also hope
that my four components (global new age onset magickal workings) will work
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity and mental stability.
"Everybody loves you when you're easy
Everybody hates when you're a bore
Everyone is waiting for your entrance so
Don't disappoint them”
(Sarah McLachlan)
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
David, I believe you're what they call a marginalized man.
David Dalton
2018-11-04 01:36:22 UTC
I guess it is not up to a person to call himself or herself a leader but more
up to others. Thus I doubt I will get very far by tooting my own horn about
my being an avatar type. And I am not seeking followers, so I don't expect
any followers to proclaim me as an avatar type. But I hope that some in small
marginalized religions will use the information I have on
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html to help prove that their significant
figures are just as good as the figures of major religions. And I also hope
that my four components (global new age onset magickal workings) will work
after I come out of my low/wilderness years into a period of sustained
productive creativity and mental stability.
David, I believe you're what they call a marginalized man.
No, I don’t use much margarine. :-)