Neil Young -- Like a Hurricane
2018-09-13 19:32:32 UTC
Once I thought I saw you
in a crowded hazy bar,
Dancing on the light
from star to star.
Far across the moonbeam
I know that's who you are,
I saw your brown eyes
turning once to fire.

You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.

etc.

I relate this to my encounter with Sarah McLachlan in the
Treehouse Lounge (basement of the St. Regis Hotel
diagonally opposite from The Railway Club) in Vancouver
the night of May 13, 1995.

But I was also strongly moved by the song during a
New Year’s Eve countdown, probably at the end
of the year in which it came out, and I often play
it on New Year’s Eve (or usually early on New
Year’s Day morning).
“Coming into season this world will flower
With the power of love, not the love of power" (Mae Moore)
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Time for your next lobotomy, son?
David Dalton
2018-09-18 00:04:06 UTC
[...]
Colonel, if anyone reading this checks out your posts on
alt.support,depression , where I have you filtered out,
they would realize that you are the one needing some
brain restraint. (But note that I am not the guy going
by just the first name David on that group.)

Also I’d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
lobotomy, however I am now in my non-drinking
period of 1--9 days before full moon, but will
change water to wine at full moon. :-)