Google Groups
Corey White
2020-11-12 12:31:24 UTC
Google is now requiring you to login in order to read groups!
David Dalton
2020-11-14 00:39:06 UTC
Post by Corey White
Google is now requiring you to login in order to read groups!
That’s not true, you can still read without signing in to gmail
but you have to login in order to do a search, so I guess they
want to track what you are searching.

(I accessed
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick
without logging in.)
“And the cart is on a wheel/And the wheel is on a hill/And the hill is
shifting sand/And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
Corey White
Maybe it is just me?
David Dalton
2020-11-14 05:48:03 UTC
Post by Corey White
Post by David Dalton
Post by Corey White
Google is now requiring you to login in order to read groups!
That’s not true, you can still read without signing in to gmail
but you have to login in order to do a search, so I guess they
want to track what you are searching.
(I accessed
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick
without logging in.)
Maybe it is just me?
What happens when you click on the above URL?

I just found out that when I am logged in to just my Memorial
University email account, which is basically a gmail account,
I don’t have access to google groups, but when I am not
logged in to any gmail account I have read access, and
when I am logged in to my regular gmail account I have
both read and search access.

Anybody else? Mike? Bassos?
Mike Duffy
2020-11-14 17:30:58 UTC
Anybody else? Mike?
I can read messages without logging on.
Corey White
Thanks. When I go directly to http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick I don't have to login. But if I'm not logged in and go to http://groups.google.com as I usually do it makes me sign in.
David Dalton
2020-11-15 04:55:58 UTC
Post by Corey White
Post by David Dalton
Post by Corey White
[...]
Yes, that happens to me now too.
David Dalton
2020-11-17 05:03:06 UTC
Post by Corey White
Post by David Dalton
Post by Corey White
[...]
I wonder if you deleted your cookies and your browser no
longer had a record that you had a google account if
that would still occur.