I retract my claim to be a major druid for now
2012-10-31 00:52:49 UTC
In the past I have claimed to be an Opener of the Way or
a global shaman, or the latest
avatar/christ/messiah/buddha/maitreya/Prophet/major pagan figure type.

However I cannot really claim any of that, despite
the signs I have experienced so far, until I am
out of the low years.

In the case of past figures their low years have
generally lasted seven years but in my case I am
at 16.75 years and counting. It could be that I
will have to wait until 7+11=18 years (the 11 is
from the 11 year sunspot cycle).

Some of the signs I have experienced so far are:

1. five waning crescent highs from 1991 to 1994
2. clear sky lightning at the start of some such highs
3. a sun stare, with tunneling beyond the sun (the
heavens opened) followed by a descent of wings
and my falling into the water (baptism by nature)
4. a naked thorn hill climb
5. a blue rose vision near the top of the thorns
6. several waxing gibbous moon trials
7. three times a waning crescent high began 5.5 lunar
months (162 days, 6 solar rotations) after onset
of a waxing gibbous moon trial
8. low (a little in terms of mood but more in terms
of creativity and delusion) years began Jan. 29, 1996
and have not ended yet, after 16.75 years. I think
I have had to go so much longer than the usual 7 years
since I have had access to lithium and olanzapine.

Now it could be that e.g. some know of past figures
who have had a blue rose vision but haven't told
me since I don't share their religion, and I attribute
the source of the blue rose vision to Gaia (The Earth)
while they might attribute it to some other source
(e.g. Mary). But I have experienced the sign so they
should acknowledge me (but not follow me, I want no
followers, though I do want my messages read) out
of respect for their own past figures.

Again I cannot claim any lofty title until I come out
of the low years. And I expect that I will have to
edit my Salmon on the Thorns web page a bit before
e.g. Sarah McLachlan might post its URL on her
Facebook and Twitter accounts and thereby possibly
multiply the number of readers by 100. :-)
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Here I go again...back into the flame" (Sarah McLachlan)
Kaydon
2012-10-31 10:17:58 UTC
Again I cannot claim any lofty title until I come out
of the low years. And I expect that I will have to
edit my Salmon on the Thorns web page a bit before
e.g. Sarah McLachlan might post its URL on her
Facebook and Twitter accounts and thereby possibly
multiply the number of readers by 100. :-)
It might help you to know that your sentence structure suggests that
anything but low years are an impossibility for myou at the moment. I'm
going to point you towards NLP, which I'm quite sure you've studied.
May I suggest that you take another look, from the perspective of the
words you use to describe your experiences. Bandler would say that
you're casting spells on yourself in an unhelpful manner. Take care xx

Mike Duffy
2012-11-01 22:14:13 UTC
... until I come out of the low years.
Consider, perhaps, that what you consider to be before the "low" years
might have been, in fact, a combination of youthful optimism, youthful
exuberance, and a prolonged manic phase of a bipolar disorder.

In other words, what you are experiencing as the "low" years is simply what
everyone normally has. You are physically older, so you do not have as much
energy. You are more mature, thus you have become comparatively realistic
(i.e. cynical) about a life that you can see progressing inexorably towards
an ultimate termination.

In other words, this is it. It doesn't get any better. If you are lucky,
you will die before suffering from debilitating or painful age-related
illnesses.

That being said, it does not mean that we should give up trying to better
ourselves or get as much enjoyment as possible out of life. Make the most
of what you have, but don't expect to ever again feel like you did 17 years
ago.
http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym/index.htm
David Dalton
2012-11-02 01:43:08 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
... until I come out of the low years.
Consider, perhaps, that what you consider to be before the "low" years
might have been, in fact, a combination of youthful optimism, youthful
exuberance, and a prolonged manic phase of a bipolar disorder.
No, I did not have a prolonged manic phase. I had five
waning crescent highs, lasting at most a week each,
over a three year period.
Post by Mike Duffy
In other words, what you are experiencing as the "low" years is simply what
everyone normally has. You are physically older, so you do not have as much
energy. You are more mature, thus you have become comparatively realistic
(i.e. cynical) about a life that you can see progressing inexorably towards
an ultimate termination.
In other words, this is it. It doesn't get any better. If you are lucky,
you will die before suffering from debilitating or painful age-related
illnesses.
That being said, it does not mean that we should give up trying to better
ourselves or get as much enjoyment as possible out of life. Make the most
of what you have, but don't expect to ever again feel like you did 17 years
ago.
No, the low years have in particular involved a fair
bit of delusion or, in the extreme, psychosis. I am
not currently having said delusion since I am abstaining
from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon, I have given
up on perineum click divination, and I am taking
olanzapine on top of my usual lithium. When the low
years end I should be able to gradually come off the
olanzapine without experiencing ill effects. And
I also hope for renewed creativity with which I will
revise my Salmon on the Thorns web page.

Also past figures, including Taliesin, who I compare
myself to generally had a seven year low period
after which they had steady creativity, so I hope
for the same, though in my case it will be more than
16.75 years instead of 7 years.

But nice try.
Mike Duffy
2012-11-02 02:39:58 UTC
16.75 years instead of 7 years.
Are you aware of the metonic cycle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonic_cycle
http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym/index.htm
David Dalton
2012-11-02 03:00:52 UTC
Post by Mike Duffy
Post by David Dalton
16.75 years instead of 7 years.
Are you aware of the metonic cycle?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonic_cycle
I think I read of it, though not by that name, on
alt.religion.druid about a decade ago. Thanks
for bringing it to my attention.

But I doubt I will have to go 19 years. Most
past figures went 7 years after their low years
started (and Taliesin went seven score lunar
months after his first waning crescent high,
which works out to 7 years after his low years
started). I think that Rama and maybe Jacob
and maybe Glooskap might have gone 14 years
after their low years started. So I expect
to come out of the low years soon, or at the
latest at 18 years (7+a sunspot cycle), not 19.
DavieD YO Man!!!
2012-11-03 23:27:09 UTC
[...]
Mr. Dalton,

With all due respect sir, I do believe you are a nut-job!

Frater PDR of the EOGD!
David Dalton
2012-11-03 23:56:09 UTC
Post by DavieD YO Man!!!
[...]
Indeed, I've been there, but these days my mental health
is relatively good, especially since I gave up doing
perineum click divination three weeks ago.

Thanks for the feedback, I prefer it to silence.
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2012-11-04 04:18:29 UTC
Post by DavieD YO Man!!!
[...]
Helps adjust the Volume!