Decomposed remains of 11 infants found in ceiling of shuttered Detroit funeral home.
2018-10-13 13:28:18 UTC
Decomposed remains of 11 infants found in ceiling of shuttered Detroit
funeral home, police say
The decomposed remains of 11 infants were found Friday in the ceiling of a
former Detroit funeral home, authorities said.
Investigators with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory
Affairs received an anonymous letter stating how to find the bodies, which
were carefully hidden inside a false ceiling at the former Cantrell Funeral
Home, the Detroit Free Press reported.
Some of the infants were apparently stillborn and inside a cardboard box
hidden in a drop-down ceiling of a stairwell.
"Obviously, it was either an employee or someone who had knowledge" of the
business and the building who hid the bodies, for unknown reasons, Detroit
police Lt. Brian Bowser said.
After the bodies were found, police used a cadaver-trained police dog to
search the building.
"We do have names for some of the remains and we're going to try to contact
the families," Bowser added.
"We do have names for some of the remains and we're going to try to
contact the families."
- Lt. Brian Bowser, Detroit PoliceHe did not know how long the bodies had
been stored there or how old they were.
Investigators were looking to speak with the former funeral home's owner,
Raymond Cantrell.
The state shuttered the funeral home in April after finding multiple
violations. Inspectors found that embalmed bodies had been stored for months
in an unrefrigerated garage and other unsanitary areas, FOX 2 Detroit
reported.
One body was kept from January to April before it was cremated, according to
state officials.
Other violations include failing to deposit $21,000 in prepayments by at
least 13 customers who signed contracts for future funeral services.
State investigators accused the funeral home's operators of fraud, deceit,
incompetence and gross negligence, according to an April report in its
decision to close it down.
The successor to the closed funeral home operates as Cantrell Funeral
Services, the paper said.
The firm's answering service said none of the owners or managers was
available for comment.
"Our father, Raymond E. Cantrell, founder of Cantrell Funeral Home in
Detroit, has provided excellent service for over 50 years. As the next
generation of funeral directors, our goal is to continue in his footprints
of quality, family-oriented and customer focused funeral service."
You can bet that's a nigger funeral home. Them coons got no respict.
(If you don't believe it, check with that phony nigger pastor Al Sharpton, nigger ambulance chaser.
LOL
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-10-15 17:16:39 UTC
[...]
Al Sharpton is his mammy's abortion.