"I will walk into the fire until its heat doesn’t burn me"
David Dalton
2024-06-23 18:55:34 UTC
June 23, 2024. To get UTC add 2.5 hours.
(Newfoundland Irish Catholic Bonfire Night/St. John’s Eve/
A Midsummer Night’s Dream/Waning Clamshell/
the tombstone rolls aside/the death and impermanence
picture from The Turquoise Bee book)

Though the more common Bonfire Night is the English one,
Guy Fawkes’ Night, November 5, in parts of Ireland and in my
home community of Harbour Main--Chapel’s Cove--Lakeview
here in Newfoundland there is a Bonfire Night celebrated
on the night of June 23, St. John’s Eve.

From google:

"Why is it called Midsummer Day?
The name 'midsummer' is attested in Old English as midsumor,
and refers to the time around the summer solstice. Astronomically,
the solstice falls on 21 June, but traditionally, in northern Europe,
the solstice and midsummer was reckoned as the night of
23–24 June, with summer beginning on May Day.”

I have already fulfilled Sarah McLachlan’s prophetic line

"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn’t blind me”

and I hope that now this Bonfire Night will be a bookend
to that and fulfill the following two lines”

"I will walk into the fire until its heat doesn’t burn me
And I will feed the fire.”

Also our elderly cat Sam is fading and I hope to save him.

Since my last attempt, there have been the following changes:

1. [HCP] consequences line -- the disgust at war and disgust
at violence will not apply in cases of self defence,

2. other dog and cat pets of my siblings, nephew, nieces,
and ex-brother-in-law will be included in the evolution and
in the [global family and marriage blessing],

3. [global family & marriage blessing] -- will be heart chakra
link between multiple pets of the same primary owner, also
between such pets and children of the primary owner in the
same species as the primary owner, also between such pets
and parents of the primary owner in the same species as
the primary owner, and

4. [i.p. & i.b.p.t.s.r. & a.i.] -- add a visualization of my region,
indicating where the recipient is in that region, to the a.i.

With that in mind I began a new attempt at 4:09 p.m.
Perhaps I should have waited until sunset, but this
attempt should last until past then and probably
until dawn.

I won’t post updates unless someone asks me to. Please
follow up if you have any questions and especially if you
can note any effects.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill; And the
hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
David Dalton
2024-06-23 20:07:58 UTC
But evidently from https://www.facebook.com/hmcclv/ ,
Harbour Main--Chapel’s Cove--Lakeview will have
their Bonfire Night on Monday, June 24 starting at 8 p.m.,
not the traditional June 23. So I hope I don’t have to
repeat my attempt tomorrow evening.
David Dalton
2024-06-26 01:51:21 UTC
Post by David Dalton
But evidently from https://www.facebook.com/hmcclv/ ,
Harbour Main--Chapel’s Cove--Lakeview will have
their Bonfire Night on Monday, June 24 starting at 8 p.m.,
not the traditional June 23. So I hope I don’t have to
repeat my attempt tomorrow evening.
And the Bonfire Night was cancelled (though it may be
rescheduled for a later date) due to a Provincial Fire Ban,
though I thought having it on a beach would have been safe.
David Dalton
2024-06-24 00:25:08 UTC
Also the Concord Dragon Boat Festival ends tonight
in Vancouver, and I am a Chinese Dragon.
David Dalton
2024-06-24 01:09:44 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Also the Concord Dragon Boat Festival ends tonight
in Vancouver, and I am a Chinese Dragon.
And also it is a Dragon year.
David Dalton
2024-06-24 03:13:54 UTC
My Salmon on the Thorns web page counter is not
moving, which gives me a sin-king feeling.
David Dalton
2024-06-24 04:52:00 UTC
Post by David Dalton
My Salmon on the Thorns web page counter is not
moving, which gives me a sin-king feeling.
June 24, 2024 (provincial holiday to celebrate
National Indigenous Peoples Day/
Harbour Main Bonfire Night this year in evening)

It is now after sunset in Vancouver, and hopefully
the Wood Dragon won’t set fire to himself.

FULL RESET, with one change required:

1. Instead of just the recent 42 popthoughs, there will be
1672 popthroughs of the last 8500 years, reverse chronological
all the way, and with full strength coverage for each one. So
probably if I start an attempt now it will last a day or two.
There still will be incorporation of the 42 existing workings
within my overall working to start.

I started a new attempt at 2:01 a.m. NDT (9:31 p.m. PDT).

But I am nearing the breaking point where I would shove my
notebook in a drawer until September 5 (three sunspot cycles
after my sun stare) and if an attempt then failed, again until
January 29 (the common seven years of low years plus
two sunspot cycles after my low years started).
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Well, remember how I found you there; Alone in your electric chair;
I told you dirty jokes until you smiled” (Billy Joel)
David Dalton
2024-06-24 05:57:54 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
[...]
OK, if this attempt fails I will put my notebook in a
drawer until September 5.